“quaint tea room - unexpected”
Review of Alice's Tea Cup

Alice's Tea Cup
Ranked #35 of 683 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed July 3, 2011

not what I expected to find in Manhattan - a quaint little tea room! The tea was excellent - so many to choose from. The scones were great : light in texture and very tasty but big; not the little scones one finds in England! The decor was very girly as one would expect, with walls decorated with quotes from Lewis Carroll. My daughter loved the banana/Nutella cake. We bought a cookbook from the outer retail area, we liked the baking that much!

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The tea shop has an alice in wonderland theme, but it's just for children. The Alice's BLT is excellent and their tea sets are reasonable considering the amount ($23 for a set for one). They also have a bakery side in case you just want to get scones to go. The tea set is made of traditional china and the pastries are served in a three-tier tray. Good location for conversations or even if you're just alone.

1  Thank phoenixmemphis
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Alice's Tea Cup at 102 West 73rd is someplace to revisit again and again. The numerous choices of gourmet teas and crepes inexhaustable. The atmosphere provides something for everyone. Children will love it, but so will adult foodies. Can't be beat for full breakfasts, crepes, or sandwiches. It caters to tourists and regulars alike.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I am glad to say that I like to try things at least once, however, I will not be returning to Alice's Tea Cup, Chapter 1. The service was sub-par, the scones were hard, the sandwich less than tasty. I am not sure why this restaurants gets such great reviews.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Visited for breakfast at around 9.30am on Saturday morning late February.
Did not have to wait for a table for the two of us although we got the last available table.
Couple of blocks away from AMNH and Central Park.
Cute and cosy decor, Alice in Wonderland theme executed very well throughout. Great place to bring kids - when we were eating a couple of Mum's came in with their young daughters and the waitress sprinkled them with glitter and gave them fairy wings to wear - very nice touch!
Waitress was friendly and efficient and recommended tea for me and my sister according to our taste from a huge tea menu - a selection of teas available to purchase in the shop too (wish I had indulged as I cannot remember the name of the one I had now!)
Ordered the french toast in apricot brandy tea, crepes with fresh fruit and egg muffins with chicken and potato hash - every mouthful was delicious, the best breakfast i will ever eat (until I go back!)Cannot recommend enough for the food, the tea and the atmosphere