“Try things at least once”
Review of Alice's Tea Cup

Alice's Tea Cup
Ranked #18 of 479 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I am glad to say that I like to try things at least once, however, I will not be returning to Alice's Tea Cup, Chapter 1. The service was sub-par, the scones were hard, the sandwich less than tasty. I am not sure why this restaurants gets such great reviews.

There are newer reviews for Alice's Tea Cup

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Visited for breakfast at around 9.30am on Saturday morning late February.
Did not have to wait for a table for the two of us although we got the last available table.
Couple of blocks away from AMNH and Central Park.
Cute and cosy decor, Alice in Wonderland theme executed very well throughout. Great place to bring kids - when we were eating a couple of Mum's came in with their young daughters and the waitress sprinkled them with glitter and gave them fairy wings to wear - very nice touch!
Waitress was friendly and efficient and recommended tea for me and my sister according to our taste from a huge tea menu - a selection of teas available to purchase in the shop too (wish I had indulged as I cannot remember the name of the one I had now!)
Ordered the french toast in apricot brandy tea, crepes with fresh fruit and egg muffins with chicken and potato hash - every mouthful was delicious, the best breakfast i will ever eat (until I go back!)Cannot recommend enough for the food, the tea and the atmosphere

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Alice's Tea Cup is one of my favorite places to go when I am in New York! It keeps me coming back again and again! I have enjoyed over the past few years taking traveling companions to this sweet little restaurant and tea room on the Upper West Side.
The scones are to die for, especially the Banana Nutella and the Pumpkin Spice! And you cannot pile enough Devonshire cream on top! Wonderful! The simple bowl of berries is a treat, as is the little plate of cookies that comes with the "Nibbler"!
The homemade chai infused granola is delicious, along with the chai creme bruleee!
Alice's is a must-go for every trip to the UWS, as often as possible!

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Long wait on a Sunday after church (around 1230). We waited about an hour for a party of 5, they would not take reservations unless you had 6 in your group. Other than the wait, we loved this little tea salon.

We went to have tea with our 4 and 5 year old daughters. They had a great time, my 4 year old even had a cup of the Mango Flip Tea...the Alice's Tea was also really good. We had the Mad Hatter Platter, it came with 2 sandwiches - we had the BLT and egg salad, both good with the tea; came with 3 scones, we had the pumpkin (which I recommend), the blueberry and pecan; also can with a tray of cookies and a slice of cake. The girls also ordered some apple slices, which they devoured.

Overall, a must try. No doubt the girls will want to come back on our next trip.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

We went for breakfast on a weekday morning. There were two or three tables of guests when we arrived. Despite that, the services was very slow, and a bit snippy!

Our waitress either woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or something about us put her off. When my husband asked for a tea recommendation (first, stating our preference for assam), she was clearly annoyed at being so inconvenienced. Then, when I asked what accompanied the breakfast labeled only "2 egg breakfast", she replied snippily, "toast."

We waited what felt like forever for our food, despite the fact that the other guests were eating theirs (meaning, the cook didn't have a slew of orders to fill.)

The food was ok - nothing spectacular - but definitely overpriced, even for Manhattan.