“A classic in Little Italy”

Angelo's of Mulberry Street
Ranked #843 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Angelo's never fails to deliver for us. In Jan 2013 we went twice, and found the same home-style southern Italy food we've always appreciated. Service is good without overhelming, and the wine list is very OK. We will keep returning!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Not so great start: we made a reservation four weeks in advance and confirmed it the week of but were told there wasn't a table when we arrived. After waiting 15 minutes they found us a table in the back corner (felt like a closet but hey, who cares, right?) The portions were massive, good selection of wine. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone going, but if you want something more quiet and romantic, try elsewhere.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful dinner at Angelo's. The antipaso was great and we enjoyed all the other dishes as well. This restaurant has been in existence since 1902, which certainly speaks well of it.

1  Thank leven4all
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for over 30 years. May be that I should change, but it is difficult to find other restaurant with the quality of the food and "Italian touch service".
Angel hair pasta is a must and any of the veal courses is perfect. Watch out for big portion sizes.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband, 2 kids, and I went to Angelo's on Friday night. I had narrowed it down between Angelo's and Pellegrino's. We were seated in the back of the restaurant and were jammed in between two tables. I ordered the canneloni with spinach and meat. It tasted like Chef Boyardee ravioli from a can. The canneloni's were about 3/4 inch thick and looked like pancakes compared to the stuffed canneloni's that I was hoping to get. My kids ordered the chicken parm to share, and we were surprised that it didn't come with spaghetti. So, we ordered a half order of spaghetti for them to eat along with the chicken parm. The half order of spaghetti consisted of a small bowl of noodles and a tiny dish of sauce. We were charged $11 for that! The veal parm was dry and overcooked and served with an unknown green vegetable and a potato croquet. All were terrible. The waiter wasn't interested in us and looked like he didn't want to be bothered.

On a positive note, after dinner, we really wanted an Italian dessert. We found Caffe Palermo right next door to Angelo's on Mulberry. It was fantastic. The cannnoli's were wonderful! No wonder it was voted best cannoli's in Little Italy! We had 3 cannoli's and a napolean. It was great!

Skip Angelo's, and go for the cannoli's!