“Fun, neighborhood Italian restaurant”
Review of Basta Pasta

Basta Pasta
Ranked #711 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed April 10, 2016

Our friend took us to her favorite local restaurant, Basta Pasta, and we really enjoyed it. The most interesting and tasty dish was pasta served from a large wheel of parmesan cheese.

Reviewed March 10, 2016

From the warm welcome when you arrive until it is time to leave,this place is perfection. I was there on Wednesday,March 2. I called a week before to make sure that I got a good table- often a table for one is either by the kitchen or the bathroom. I lucked out-a great table in the middle of the room. I had been there before and knew what I would be having: my appetizer was funghi misti-3 kinds of mushrooms baked with rosemary and thyme with olive oil in a parchment bag,which is cut open at the table. A simple appetizer,but one of the best I have ever eaten, The main course-again,simple,but absolutely delicious. A cart is wheeled to your table-on it is a half wheel of parmaesan cheese. In the cavity of the cheese is piping hot pasta. The server"whooshes" the pasta around and that makes the sauce. On top the server places procutto and fresh chives. I didn't leave one single bite on my plate! The service is efficient and attentive but not hovering. The wine list is extensive with several selections by the glass at a price that is reasonable. Unfortunately,after such a great meal,no room left for dessert. Forgot to mention:there is an impressive list of exotic pre-dinner drinks that seems to change every day. There is absolutely nothing that I could think of to make this place better. Perfection!!

Reviewed February 22, 2016

Came for lunch with my wife,2 kids and my cousin. We all had the 3 course lunch deal,apart from my son. For $21 ,it's a fantastic deal.

7 different pastas to choose from the fix price menu,I went for the Spaghetti with eggplant,basil,tomatoes and tapanede-delicious.

Service was good,waiter was very accomodating,as we ordered off menu for my son.

One of our favourite restaurants in Manhattan

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

This was highly recommended to us by a friend. Wish we could have our money back. Service less than mediocre. Food unimpressive

Reviewed January 10, 2016

Awesome meal - with pasta served from large cheese wheel- great fun. But all appetizers were awesome as well. Great service.