“Nothing spectacular”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Bella Napoli is located just steps away from Time Square, and has proudly served the most authentic Italian food in NY for over 25 years. From Heroes, Calzones, Specialty Pastas, and of course, their famous Pizza - you are sure to find whatever is that you're looking for at Bella Napoli! If you're visiting Time Square in New York or a local on your lunch break, Bella Napoli will take care of you!Bella Napoli has one rule for their cuisine: Fresh, Fresh and Fresh! Bella Napoli shops for fresh food everyday so we can offering the best and freshest Italian food in New York. Bella Napoli has the most welcoming staff in NY, you are sure to enjoy your time here. Bring the whole family, because Bella Napoli will treat you like family. Having a corporate event? Let Bella Napoli cater your next event and blow your guests away with our authentic cuisine. Come in today and let us show you how real Italian is done!
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I chose this restaurant because of the good reviews on TripAdvisor. However, I found the food and service to be only average and the cost to far outweigh the value. BTW, It IS small, but it is NOT a "hole in the wall".

Reviewed September 14, 2012

In the fornt it looks like a take-away, but proceed towards the back, you'll find a true honest Italian restaurant. Where food is made with love and dished are served with a wink of an eye and a friendly word. Just plain simple true Italian food...at a very reasonable price. What more do you want ?? Highly recommended restaurant.

1  Thank A_Wanderer_Like_You
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was staying nearby and checked this place out based on the strong reviews. As I walked by and stuck my head in I thought to myself "surely this can't be the same place". The storefront looks like a place you'd come in and grab a slice of pizza to go. And it is. But the proprietor sitting out in front saw my confusion and showed me a menu and explained that the chef is Italian, the food is authentic, etc. As he took me into the back of the place I saw that it was indeed a sit down restaurant as well.

Food was very good. I had the calamari to start and it was more than enough for two with healthy appetites. Lightly breaded, fried, and large, it hit the spot. I could have used a bit more sauce, though, to dip my bread in! Crushed red pepper flakes in the sauce was a nice touch.

My entre was the spaghetti with pancetta and tomatoes. It was excellent. The smokiness of the pancetta added a great flavor to the lightly sauced spaghetti. I would definitely get it again. The portion was a good size - definitely enough to fill me up.

Service was attentive - not overbearing but there when you needed it. I thought it was a bit odd that our bottle of wine was not opened tableside. I trust that the wine in the bottle was actually what we ordered, but a part of me did wonder. I suppose, though, that for $20 in NYC even a box of wine would be reasonable at that price!

1  Thank Hnspop
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been to NYC numerous times and it is always difficult to remember the great little true Italian restaurants. This is one of them. The interior looks like it has not been updated since the 70's, but that just adds to the charm. The wait staff is really attentive and the food is some of the best basic Italian fare we have had in the city. Also has a reasonably priced wine list. Not pretentious at all, but is one of the few places that reminds us of Italy.

2  Thank goodtwogo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Food consistently excellent cooked fresh to order reasonably priced.
If you want the perfect pizza either to eat in or take away whilst in new York try this restaurant.

1  Thank rhona h