“You can't go wrong at Big Nick's”

Big Nick's Burger Joint & Pizza Joint
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed September 12, 2012

You've just got to check out this place - it's amazing! Looks like a dive, but the food was very good - four of us went and all really liked our choices. For such a small place, the menu has many pages - there's almost nothing they don't have. Price is right. Very funky and laid back. Loved it.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have to stay at a hotel nearby just so I can have this pizza while I'm in town. It is addicting. I crave it when I'm back home on the West coast.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Came and had a late lunch here after the AMNH, and sat in a cool vinyl booth, plastered with info/signs all around it, informing me of the latest and greatest - gazpacho! Bill Clinton ate here! etc.etc.

Small place, TONNES of character (and I mean tonnes due to the paraphernalia, massive menu, and the fun staff, some who've worked here for decades). This place is a legend. Plus its open 24 hrs. Handy.

Wanted to see how they did the basic and had a American cheeseburger with fries, hubbie had a Greekish feta/spinach burger and we shared a gazpacho. The sign suckered me in.
Soup refreshing and tangy - great. Burger juicy and tasty. All good. Hubbie reported feta burger was also amazing.
Prices were a little higher than I'd expect in a place "like this", but nothing shocking (for NYC that is). Try it out!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

50 years of burger!! There is a reason. For me many reasons. First if you do not know what eat at midnight you can go to this restaurant, old stile, where you can sit outside and eat the big nick burger. Fantastic.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Really tight little outfit that is constantly packed out with customers! Does both takeaways as well as sit downs. Huge portions, lots of fun and noise. Big brash atmosphere!! Push the door open, don't be put off with the lack of seating, someone will find you a place to sit.....