“Best crust I have ever tasted on a pizza”

Bleecker Street Pizza
Ranked #22 of 14,468 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Home of the famous and award winning Nona Maria Pie, Bleecker Street Pizza serves consistently delicious pizza with the best dough, sauce, and ingredients in Old West Village! Feel free to create your ideal pizza and add as many toppings as you'd like. Or try our customer favorite specialty pizza from on old family recipe, Nona Maria Pie. This amazing thin crust pizza is loaded with fresh mozzarella, homemade marinara sauce, the finest parmesan, and fresh basil. With generous portions and unbeatable flavors, we always have fresh and delicious entrees including gluten free pizzas, calzones, salads, pasta, and more! Bleecker Street Pizza offers beer and wine and all items are made to order. We are dedicated to providing our customers with speedy services and high quality ingredients. With affordable prices and excellent service, Bleecker Street Pizza has the best pizza that will keep you coming back for more. Come get your slice today! Established in 2004. Bleecker Street Pizza has been serving New York since 2004. Our mission is to provide delicious pizza in a friendly and inviting environment. With over 10 years of success, we look forward adding you to our long history of happy customers.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Extremely fresh, delicious pizza you can buy by the slice or pie. The crust was phenomenal, incredibly crisp with a type of semolina ( ?) dusted on the bottom crust which wasn't a bit greasy or heavy. I had the three cheese, nonna marie, and the white cheese. We kept ordering slice after slice and, of course, couldn't stop eating!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Pizza with crust so thin and perfect you have to try it. There isn't really much more to say. Just a hole in the wall place. It's all about the pizza not the place. Take out too.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Another one I want to give a 3.5, too. I am obsessed with slightly better than mediocre. Oh well, no 3.5, but it gets the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, I think everyone raves about this place out of a kind of "group-think." It wins awards and surveys about the best pizza in NY, so you feel kind of dumb if you don't think the same thing. You figure it must be you, so you rave about it so as to not look like an idiot.

Here's the thing though - this is not the best pizza in NY. Don't get me wrong, it is excellent. The mozzarella, parmesan, basil leaves, and marinara sauce pizza was very good and the one thing this place does have is superb crust. The staff was friendly - though when I asked if they had a spicy slice like I get at Pomodoro's (their spicy vodka sauce pizza might be the greatest pizza ever) - I got a look like I had 2 heads. The pizza is also much less greasy then you'll find at most NY pizzerias.

My girlfriend and I first went to Pomodoro's by chance a few years ago looking for a pizza place in little Italy. We chose there because we figured, why not? We were just walking around. Since then, we've been back to NYC 4 or 5 times and keep going there. However, a few weeks ago while at a Memorial Day BBQ in Florida, we met the owner of an Italian restaurant who told us Bleecker Street was the best pizza in NY. This guy has one of the top ranked Italian places in NY (for the life of me, I can't remember the name), so we listened.

Based on the reviews and the awards and this chef's suggestion, we thought we would bite into the pizza and have an orgasmic experience. But it wasn't anything like that. It was excellent NY pizza - you won't be disappointed unless you believe all of the hype. If you're looking for really good NY pizza, you can't go wrong here. All I'm saying is that it was not the best. Gonna have to keep looking for that.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

BLEECKER STRRET! I went on a trip to NYC and saw this place. I went in and had one of the best pizzas I have ever had! I just wish that the tables were cleaner, but that is about it.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stopped to have a slice on our last day in town. It was pretty busy, nowhere to sit, yet the line moved quickly. We just had basic cheese pizza, which was very good. The crust was crisp, the right amount of sauce and cheese. I can't say it's the best pizza I have ever had, but it's definitely worth a stop.