“Tasty but very Authentic Mexican”
Review of Blockheads

Blockheads
Ranked #3,575 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed June 13, 2011

If your really hungry and in the need for large burrito then this is the place for you. I went during lunch time, but found the staff to be a bit limited in experience. The food came quickly so that was a bonus as I was starving, but the overall quality was fair. The burrito was not cheap either. So, if you just need a large volume of food to quell your stomach after a big night out, perhaps this is the place, otherwise spend some time looking around for a better authentic experience. The overall atmosphere was a bit Juvenile and reminded of a college dive bar.

1  Thank PLASTOS

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
NY
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Really 2.5 stars. I am still searching for the best authentic mexican budget eatery in NYC and this is definitely not it. Tex Mex - just ok.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Clifton,NJ
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Favorite outdoor lunch spot! But get there early! I alway order the taco's and they come with the best chips and salsa!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 19, 2007

They make biiiiig burritos! And they are GOOD! Delivery would probably be gross though - never tried it but might be soggy by the time it gets to you!

Reviewed May 4, 2007

Blockheads was a great way to kick off our NY trip. It was a beautiful hot evening and the sign for Frozen Flavoured Margaritas for $4 caught our eye walking past.

Initially we went in just for a drink as we hadn't decided where we intended to eat that night. The waiter brought out 2 very substantial
margaritas which were certainly refreshing and really hit the spot. While enjoying our drinks we were brought out some chips and dips even though we said we just wanted some drinks. After dusting off our drink and probably two bowls of chips we decided we get some food.

I had the beef burrito and my girlfriend ordered the chicken one I think. The waiter brought them out promptly and there were HUGE! They were stuffed with rice, beans and meat and were gorgeous although after tasting my girlfriend's I was envious I hadn't ordered the same.

I could only manage to eat half of the burrito it was that big. The waiter was very friendly and offered to wrap it up to take it away. I think he found it highly amusing how little I could get through.: )

Just a tip, don't plan on doing anything for a few hours after you eat here. You won't be able to move you'll be so full.

The waiter was very friendly and called to our table a number of times to see if we needed anything. Great food, reasonably priced, great service and the margaritas really hit the spot on a hot NY night.

Definitely be heading back there on our next visit to New York. Next time I'll bring an empty belly for revenge on those burritos.