“Bring and appetite”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
Description: Carmine's is a family style restaurant offering exceptional value to its guests through the many dishes of Southern Italian cuisine. The Carmine's concept is to bring its guests a "wow-factor" sized portions and making any meal feel like an Italian American wedding feast. Platters of homestyle antipasto, pasta, decadent seafood or meat entrees, and of course homemade desserts are all staples at Carmine's, meant for sharing amongst friends and family. When great food and wine are supported by friendly and knowledgeable service, the results are magic - we want every day to feel like a Sunday afternoon at Grandma's.
new jersey
“Bring and appetite”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great place to meet a group ,or have a family outing large portions of food. Everything is served family style the waiters will inform you if you are ordering to much for your party. Service was great helpful and quick to respond if you need anything... Go visit give it a try see what you think... Its not my opinion that counts

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Massive let down!! Rude staff and confusing concept...”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Unless you and your partner want to eat exactly the same meal I'd recommend giving this place a very very wide birth.

My wife ordered a Caesar salad and I asked for shrimp scampi. I was then asked if I wanted to add pasta or did I just want a plate of shrimp?? Of course I wanted pasta, I came in for a meal not the raw ingredients. I'm then told by the snooty waitress "Oh well pasta is $10 extra and it'll be far too much food for 1 person but we don't do individual portions!" What kind of place is this, 54th best restaurant in NY, we've been here 3 days and everywhere else has far exceeded this establishment.

The waitress was rude, rolling her eyes and being disrespectful of customers who were also struggling with this restaurants "concept".

Ok... I'm from the UK so not exactly accustomed to this sort of family American Italian restaurants but I've eaten in plenty of places that have better food, better service and a better menu!

Avoid!! Try Juniors round the corner on 45th- much much better!!

6 Thank H3DGO
Prague, Czech Republic
“Big portions, don't eat too much starter, wait also for main course”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very nice restaurant in the Midtown, big plates and big portions. Don't eat your starter completly, wait for the main course…

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“!!! Great Service, Big Plates !!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Carmine’s is a family style Italian restaurant in the Theater District offering exceptional value to its guests. A Perfect location for those staying in Times Square or coming for a Broadway Show.

We had no idea what we were walking upon arriving at the Carmine’s. I didn’t realize the portions were family-sized until I looked through the menu. They bring out bread but it’s best to skip it. It isn’t particularly good.

We had made reservations, when we entered the restaurant, there was absolutely no wait, and a waiter directed us to our table very quick. Obviously due to the holiday season, the walls were adorned with lights and coral reefs, it was very nicely done. Since it was our first time, the waiter told us that the servings are family size (good thing he mentioned that). For starters, we decided to order the special salad with romaine, arugula, roasted eggplant, and peppers. For the main entree we went with shrimp and broccoli in garlic and olive oil with spaghetti. The servings were indeed very large, it seemed like four people can be filled in one dish. We enjoyed the food very much and plan on going back to try the manicotti hopefully sometimes very soon!

Spending a night in the city sure gets you hungry and you start craving for possibly everything you see on a menu. But when you do, keep in mind; your eyes are bigger than your stomach! And this time, I’m going to skip the starter’s so I have room for dessert!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank AdnanSamia
“Great food!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We were searching for a new place go eat after our show. We came across Carmine's. They recommend reservations, but please know that they aren't required. We saw an early show and stopped in to put our name in for dinner. It was a 2 hour wait, but who cares, we are in New York. We did some shopping and then returned. What a treat! The food was fabulous! Yes, the portions are huge. They are meant to share family style. We had Chicken Marsala and lasagna. They were both very good. We also had a delicious salad to start and tiramisu for dessert. The whole meal was amazing. We will definitely come back. Thank you for the great experience!

1 Thank Pickyeater40