“Friendly service and great food”
Review of Chez Napoleon

Chez Napoleon
Ranked #3,554 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Austin, Texas
“Friendly service and great food”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very friendly small restaurant with delicious food. The restaurant staff made us comfortable and welcomed.

Visited October 2011

Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
“A hidden gem in a sea of tourist traps-A Great Rustic French Familystyle Cooking”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I love this place...Cooking from the french countryside.
Large Escargot which is perfectly cooked and not overly seasoned. My favorite is the Lapin “Marguerite” (rabbit in a light mustard and white wine sauce) I would like to try their other dishes however I cann't come here with out having The rabbit!
It's nice to see grandma sit at the bar while the chefs cook her homely dishes.
Time and Time again when my husband and I go there they never disappoints us.

• Visited October 2011
Washington, DC
“Decent, but disappointing”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Our friends recommended this to us as a pre-theater place. Let's start with the service. It was spotty- started out good, ended poorly. We had two people taking care of us, so it was hard to know who the waiter was. One was a woman with bad body odor, which was a big turn-off (I had to hold my breath every time she came to the table). On to the food. The bread was good, though not great considering it' s a French restaurant. My potato and leek cold soup was very good. My boyfriend's french onion was good, but the broth wasn't as dark and onion-y as he prefers. His chicken cordon bleu was tasty. My rabbit was in a mustard sauce, but the sauce was kind of bland and I don't recall having to work so hard to get meat off the bone last time I had rabbit at a French restaurant, so that was less pleasant. And my boyfriend's iced tea cost $4 and they didn't offer to refill it once. Overall, it was just mediocre and with all the good restaurants in New York, we were disappointed.

• Visited September 2011
Brookline, Massachusetts
“great pre-theater spot”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Or, also good after everyone has gone to the theater! There is a sea of restaurants on 9th Ave., but I am usually uncertain how to sort them out. We found Chez Nap through various sites and were very pleased. I ordered watercress soup had trout for my entree; my husband, salad and veal, ordering from the prix fix menu. These were excellent as were the creme brule and chocolate mousse.

Prices very reasonable. Wine list small and adequate. The restaurant was crowded and bustling. Small wait staff--presumably the family--are very busy. ( Read the family's story.)

• Visited June 2011
Tysons Corner VA
“Great expectations -- delivered!”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife and I had long been intrigued by this little place, which we would pass by from timeto time. The menu is so traditional -- perhaps so 1950s even -- that I had decided in advance that I would order for dinner the same foods I had when I visited a French restaurant for the first time on a 9th Grade field trip: escargots and duck a l'orange. As other commenters have noted, the place is tiny -- no more than 15 tables in two tiny rooms, with a small bar. The wait staff work well as a team, taking turns delivering water, bread, appetizers, entrees, with friendly if not warm professionalism. My escargots were fine -- as much fun to eat as anything -- and my 1/2 duck was well cooked and plentiful, with a side of wild rice. The star of our table was the bouillabaise, with the steak Guillaume a close runner-up.

But I think what impressed our party of five the most was the price: We ordered one cocktail (total), a carafe of the house wine, two bottles of Perrier, three appetizers, five entrees and four desserts for just over $60 a person. That may be alot of money for Akron but for a restaurant in the Manhattan theatre district it can only be considred a bargain. After dinner our waiter scorted us out front to take our group photo in front of this picturesque little hole in the wall. Very pleasant evening.

• Visited June 2011