“You won't be crabby if you visit!”
Review of City Crab & Seafood Company - CLOSED

City Crab & Seafood Company
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: 19th Street
Transit: N,R,Q,W,6,L trains at Union Square. N,R train to 23rd and Broadway, 6 train to 23rd and Park.
Description: City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving the freshest seafood since 1993 located in the heart of Gramercy Park/Flatiron Section of New York City- Located in walking distance to some of NYC best shopping, parks, hotels and landmarks
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food was spectacular. The service was superb. It was the day of my moms birthday and she was happy and full. And so were we. The crab cakes were succulent and filling and were 99% crab. The piña colata I had was so so so good! The burgers are fabulous. And everyone is sweet and ready to serve. We are definitely new regulars.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came here several times and I always have the best seafood. My coworkers love it so much that we have the chief on speed dial.
Lovely for friends or for a romantic evening.
Best time to go is during Restaurant Week.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Seems to have lost something. My Wife had crabs legs and oysters and said they were really good. I had the Tuna, and it actually did not taste all that fresh. They also cooked it rare, when I have asked for medium, by the time they got it reheated, the side dishes were cold. They should have had the sense to add new rice and vegetables. Service was slow, which is fine when your meal is correct. But when you are waiting to get your food cooked properly, this is another story. I will probably go again, but in the meantime I will visit the Oyster Bar in Grand Central.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

You might could think eating good fish is expensive in New York.
False. City Crab has the best price and quality you could find. It's near the Broadway in Midtown and all the Crabs are really fresh with a special good taste.
Go there!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been to City Crab 3 times. The first and second time the food was amazing. I came with a group of 4 the first time and 3 the second time. Was able to sample crab quite a few items of the menu. The third time was a whole nother story. We had a reservation for 2 and alhough the restaurant was not packed was told to wait for our time since we were early. Fortunately a nice manager kept eyeing us and saw us waiting and fixed the situation and sat us immediately. Service by waitstaff have always been good. The food didnt seem great the 3rd time I went. I will not let that experience from stopping me from going again. It just may not be too soon. Hard to find GREAT seafood in NYC but this is one of the best I have been to.