“Not bad, but....”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: 19th Street
Transit: N,R,Q,W,6,L trains at Union Square. N,R train to 23rd and Broadway, 6 train to 23rd and Park.
Description: City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving the freshest seafood since 1993 located in the heart of Gramercy Park/Flatiron Section of New York City- Located in walking distance to some of NYC best shopping, parks, hotels and landmarks
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not bad, but....”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Seems to have lost something. My Wife had crabs legs and oysters and said they were really good. I had the Tuna, and it actually did not taste all that fresh. They also cooked it rare, when I have asked for medium, by the time they got it reheated, the side dishes were cold. They should have had the sense to add new rice and vegetables. Service was slow, which is fine when your meal is correct. But when you are waiting to get your food cooked properly, this is another story. I will probably go again, but in the meantime I will visit the Oyster Bar in Grand Central.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Catania, Italy
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

You might could think eating good fish is expensive in New York.
False. City Crab has the best price and quality you could find. It's near the Broadway in Midtown and all the Crabs are really fresh with a special good taste.
Go there!

• Visited November 2012
New York,NY
“Seafood in the city...........”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been to City Crab 3 times. The first and second time the food was amazing. I came with a group of 4 the first time and 3 the second time. Was able to sample crab quite a few items of the menu. The third time was a whole nother story. We had a reservation for 2 and alhough the restaurant was not packed was told to wait for our time since we were early. Fortunately a nice manager kept eyeing us and saw us waiting and fixed the situation and sat us immediately. Service by waitstaff have always been good. The food didnt seem great the 3rd time I went. I will not let that experience from stopping me from going again. It just may not be too soon. Hard to find GREAT seafood in NYC but this is one of the best I have been to.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Interesting/Fun Atmosphere, Average Food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stopped in for some seafood other than raw bar choices, and had average fish dishes. The atmosphere, however, was fun and inviting. The staff, including the Manager on duty, were very attentive. This place is probably a good stop for raw bar food and drinks, and a choice for people watching and meeting friends. It has the feel as a local bar. It is not a place for fine dining, but it would serve as an appropriate choice for a casual bite and drinks.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Extremely Disappointing...”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

As it was my partners and I's final night vacation in New York, we were hoping end our stay on a high eating high quality, fresh seafood (which is my favorite type of food) and was greatly disappointed with the turn-out. For starters we chose the gumbo and clam chowder which was served almost instantly and seemed pre-made and could have been from a packet! The chowder was far too rich and resulted in stomach discomforts for the rest of the evening, you also couldn't identify any fresh clams. I also ordered the city original steam pot which included lobster, crab, muscles e.t.c that was supposed to be served in a beer bay broth and worth $40... The pot looked unattractive and was completely dried out, there was no mouthwatering aroma or steam coming from it and the seafood didn't look fresh at all, it also got cold very quickly. I tried the crab, lobster and a muscle but they were tasteless and the clams looked so dried up and displeasing to the eye I didn't want to eat them, in fact, I was afraid of eating any more incase I got food poisoning...I was so disappointed in the quality of the food and it had ruined our night. Even though the staff deducted the $40 from our bill the cost still seemed far too expensive for what we had... The experience left us feeling extremely dissatisfied and rather sick for the rest of the night. Would never go again.