“Interesting/Fun Atmosphere, Average Food”
Review of City Crab & Seafood Company - CLOSED

City Crab & Seafood Company
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: 19th Street
Transit: N,R,Q,W,6,L trains at Union Square. N,R train to 23rd and Broadway, 6 train to 23rd and Park.
Description: City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving the freshest seafood since 1993 located in the heart of Gramercy Park/Flatiron Section of New York City- Located in walking distance to some of NYC best shopping, parks, hotels and landmarks
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Interesting/Fun Atmosphere, Average Food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stopped in for some seafood other than raw bar choices, and had average fish dishes. The atmosphere, however, was fun and inviting. The staff, including the Manager on duty, were very attentive. This place is probably a good stop for raw bar food and drinks, and a choice for people watching and meeting friends. It has the feel as a local bar. It is not a place for fine dining, but it would serve as an appropriate choice for a casual bite and drinks.

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Extremely Disappointing...”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

As it was my partners and I's final night vacation in New York, we were hoping end our stay on a high eating high quality, fresh seafood (which is my favorite type of food) and was greatly disappointed with the turn-out. For starters we chose the gumbo and clam chowder which was served almost instantly and seemed pre-made and could have been from a packet! The chowder was far too rich and resulted in stomach discomforts for the rest of the evening, you also couldn't identify any fresh clams. I also ordered the city original steam pot which included lobster, crab, muscles e.t.c that was supposed to be served in a beer bay broth and worth $40... The pot looked unattractive and was completely dried out, there was no mouthwatering aroma or steam coming from it and the seafood didn't look fresh at all, it also got cold very quickly. I tried the crab, lobster and a muscle but they were tasteless and the clams looked so dried up and displeasing to the eye I didn't want to eat them, in fact, I was afraid of eating any more incase I got food poisoning...I was so disappointed in the quality of the food and it had ruined our night. Even though the staff deducted the $40 from our bill the cost still seemed far too expensive for what we had... The experience left us feeling extremely dissatisfied and rather sick for the rest of the night. Would never go again.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“City Crab - Great place to meet friends”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've passed by City Crab many times, so when my friend suggested we meet there for dinner, I was all in! If you are looking for a variety of fresh seafood (not just crabs), this is your place. The oysters were wonderful as were the steamers (seriously, where else in NYC can you get steamers???). The food was very good and I would be happy to go back - if the weather was right. The one downfall (or upswing - depending on your point of view) is the noise level. The restaurant was busy, I give you that, but way too noisy. Solution - we sat outside. It was great.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Awesome seafood and fast service!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My waitress forgot that it was my birthday, so my friends ended up reminding her to send out a birthday dessert (after I had already ordered TWO desserts, unfortunately)...but the service is very fast and friendly. And the food really is spectacular! I will definitely be back....just probably not for a special occasion.

Visited August 2012
Sigirino, Switzerland
“Fast brunch”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Was here 2 times. last one for a fast brunch with seafood dishes (way to much meat in NYC :)). Service was quick and gentle. Food was great except for potatoes side: they was totaly cold. benedict crab cake was delicious and perfectly cooked.

Visited July 2012