“GREAT BREAKFAST!!!”

Ranked #257 of 13,843 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I had been waiting to come here to have fast and finally didi it. We got told about a half hour wait at the door and it seemed less than that. Then learned there is an app for putting yourself in line before getting to the restaurant. Servers were very friendly and every one helped each other wether running food or bussing tables. Had the pancakes (a MUST). Thick yet tender and fluffy. The maple butter, I could have done shots with... !!! Lol... My wife had the omelette and you can get lots of choices with it. The chicken and waffles were delicious as well. You can't miss this restaurant. Bring cash as a lot of restaurants don't take credit cards.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Went here for a mid-week brunch and absolutely loved the pancakes, possibly the best I've ever had. The service was attentive, though as another reviewer noted, the aggressiveness of water refills (briskly reaching over plates and dumping it quickly) was a bit much. I would have easily given a 5-star rating based on the quality of the meal had it not been for their surprise cash-only policy. I did not see any notification of this when entering, nor would I expect it from a large, popular establishment in the 21st century. Unless they're owned by the mob and not interested in paying taxes I don't see why they would present such an inconvenience to their customers.

1  Thank NJerseyBoy
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Great food well worth the walk! But had a not so great coffee that was reheated instead of remade when I said it was cold!
Very expensive £90 for 4.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Biggest latte I have ever had, coupled with the softest, lightest, yet crispy on the outside, pancakes.
Blueberry was a great choice! One of the highlights of my stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

I went there in a Saturday morning, and as expected the line was long. But because I's on my own, the waitress quickly accommodated me in a bar seat.
The menu looked great for further exploring, but I's there for pancakes and pancakes I had.
The service was polite and attentive. The pancakes came quickly and when I asked to swap the butter-maple syrup for classic maple syrup it's done quickly, so I could appreciate the flapjacks still warm.
I would go back.