“Best breakfast I've ever had.”

Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 13,736 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast I've ever had.”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Sugar cured bacon. Bellini. Blueberry pancakes with warm maple butter. Pure heaven. We arrived a few minutes before they opened for dinner so we didn't have to wait. I had read great reviews about this place and begged my friends to make the trek with me. We were not disappointed. I will be going back on my next trip to NYC!!

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Best Blueberry Pancakes”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

My favorite breakfast place in New York. The waits can be long if you go at wrong times, but the blueberry pancakes are the best I've had. The sugar cured bacon is delightful as well. Cash only but absolutely love this place.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“1.5hrs waiting yet totally worth it”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We ordered eggs benedict with smoked salmon and blueberry pancakes. Both dishes satisfied both of us. The hollandaise sauce was perfect, eggs perfectly poached, and the best part they served with a toasty yet crunchy english muffin!! As for the pancakes, they serve the best pancakes like for real. Ohmygod, i live pancakes and ate them a lit, but theirs is just so good, not too light and not too thick. And what making it better is their warm mapple butter syrup!! You may want to come around 8 after they open or 30 mins after they open so you dont have to wait too long. I came so late at 10, so i had to wait 1.5 hrs but its totally worth it. Definitely recommended!

Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“BEST. PANCAKES. EVER”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

nice restaurant, quick and friendly service, best pancakes in town (try banana-walnut or blueberry), reservation recommended.

• Visited April 2014
“The pancakes will change your life!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We went at 10:30 am on a Thursday, and we were VERY surprised to find that we had to wait 1.5 hours to get a table! I guess I forgot that this IS New York, and that there are a lot of tourists looking for restaurants like this... So factor the wait in before you go there.

We were so hungry that we got bagel sandwiches 1 block over while we waited for a table at the bakery. However, once we got our table and ordered our long-awaited pancakes, I was in heaven!

The girl at the table next to me was astonished that I consumed my food so fast. The blueberry pancakes and maple butter were divine! I'm sure that the pancakes are made with so much butter you'd cringe if you ever saw, but let me tell you, this place is well worth it as an occasional treat!

As for the atmosphere, it left a little to be desired. It definitely harks back to a time when they were a modest restaurant, but I think they can definitely afford to spruce things up a bit.

The service was great! They were quite fast with our food, and the hostess was very fun and polite.

A Word for international tourists:

They like to take your cell phone number when putting your name
On the wait list, this is so that they can text you when the table is ready. In case you don't have an active cell phone, I'm sure you can ask them to call out your name.

• Visited August 2014