“Valentine's Brunch ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend went to Clinton Street for breakfast for valentine's day. The food was amazing! The potato pancakes were awesome. I myself would definitely go back again. Clinton Street was definitely worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

So we arrived a little later than we had planned and got a waiting time of....2 hours! We did and there are no regrets. The service was great. The food was delicious. After waiting two hours we made sure we ordered lots of food! We ordered waffles, scallops, an omelette with chorizo, coffee, and a rum apple cider drink all for breakfast! It was so good! I think it was the best breakfast I had in NYC

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here for breakfast two mornings running while visiting NYC. Even though had to wait a short while both mornings....its well worth it!!
All the food seems amazing but the pancakes!!! WOW there amazing!! The staff are all so friendly and lots of people coming in and out with takeaways. wonderful experience.
You must travel here especially if you want to try some amazing pancakes!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Clinton street baking is a super popular bakery with great food and baked goods. The brunch gets crazy waits, so arrive early or be prepared to wait a few hours. The muffins are delicious, especially the banana crumble. The staff was a bit brusque, though likely as a result of the huge line. The waffles looked like they would be worth the 3 hour wait.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This restaurant may not be for everyone. It is small, and crowded (a good sign) with little to no waiting room, a good distance from midtown with good to above average food. BUT if you, like me, are a pancake aficionado this is a must. In my humble opinion Clinton Street has the world's best blueberry pancakes. And I sample pancakes wherever I go. Excellent consistency and texture, wonderful flavor, topped with an exceptional blueberry compote served with a to-die-for maple butter "syrup."

Be advised you will probably have to wait - and do so outside. I suggest you go around the corner and have a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts while you wait for your beeper to activate. But the wait is worth it.

PS. If you're interested, the best banana pancakes in the world are served on the Holland America MS Eurodam. The best lemon ricotta pancakes are at Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis. Enjoy!!!