“Best Pancakes I've Ever Eaten!”

Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant
Ranked #146 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I came across this place after finding it on google. We got there only 20minutes after it had opened but it was already packed out. We were asked to wait on the bench outside for around 20-25 minutes. 10 minutes later they brought us inside and to our table. The menu isn't huge but that doesn't help you to decide what to have, everything sounded amazing, once making my choice i was then tempted by the look of other peoples food as everything looked great too! We got 2 glasses of orange juice, which tasted delicious, so so fresh & coffee that tasted rich and smooth.
I had the eggs benedict while my wife had the blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and double cured bacon. I also had a side of their home made rosemary sausages (which were 7 shades of amazing!)
The food came out very quickly, my eggs were spot on and the staff were wonderful.

Not too expensive but the tip is included into the price of your total bill, of which i was more than happy to pay.

I am throughly recommending this place to all.
keep up the good work.

Dan x

1  Thank Daniel H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This place has amazing pancakes. The rest of the food is also very good. The wait is unbelievable. Usually there's a 2 hr wait, but it's worth it. No reservations. The hostess is a bit rude, but waiters are ok.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We got to the restaurant at around 7am on a Sunday morning and were 2nd in line, but by the time it opened at 8am, there was a line down the block. Well worth the wait though- the brunch was delicious! We got the Southern omelette and the sausage sandwich (which was eggs, sausage - aka a meat patty, and a wonderful tomatillo sauce served on a biscuit/scone). Both were very tasty, as was the raspberry jam the toast was served with. We even bought the cookbook.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

ok so first things first. you will have to queue. we came here two days in a row we enjoyed it so much. first day we queued for 45 mins second 30 mins and im glad we waited each time. the selection isnt too large but i still struggled to pick what i wanted. all of the food was amazing and the jam is so good i asked if it could be bough. they make it themselves and do not sell it which is a real shame i would order from uk if they did. there is nothing and i mean nothing i can fault about this place and i am looking forward to my return.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Clinton St. Baking Company was recommended to me by a friend. She warned us that there were only about 15 tables and the wait would be about an hour. She was spot on! We arrived at 10:15 and received notice via text that our table was ready. We'd gone one a walk and had to jog the block so that we didn't risk losing our table. Thankfully, a cool front had come in the night before, so it wasn't bad!

Water arrived immediately. We placed our order soon thereafter. My husband decided on the wild Maine blueberry pancakes; I chose the Farmer's Plate (scrambled eggs, rosemary sausage, oven-roasted tomatoes, aged cheddar cheese and sourdough toast). Oh man! We loved it all. The pancakes were some of the best I've ever had. They're soft and fluffy on the inside with an almost funnel cake taste on the outside. But even better is the maple butter served with them! I could drink this stuff! I think when I make pancakes from now on, I'll serve them with maple butter. My breakfast was just as good. The eggs were perfectly scrambled, the house-made sausage was delicious, and the raspberry jam that they served with the toast was intense with berry flavor!

We loved breakfast so much that I wanted to go back for dinner. (Where we had no wait AND they take credit cards!) I was set to order the chicken and waffles--with the maple butter--when our server shared the po'boy of the day: soft-shell crab. I couldn't pass it up. The crab was some of the best I've had! My husband ordered the fried chicken dinner; he loved every bite of it. Since it was our last night in NYC, we ordered dessert, even though we were so full. The peach upside down cake was such a treat! Not too sweet, and a perfect crumb on the pound cake.

I highly recommend Clinton St. Baking Company for breakfast or dinner. It's worth the wait!