“Worth the wait”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place was recommended to us by the people we were 'airbnb-ing' with on the lower east side. I'd never seen a line so long for a restaurant in my life, but after a good 45 minutes watching others enter and leave, it was our turn. Despite the amount of people both inside and out, the waitstaff and kitchen managed exceptionally well. Wait times were minimal, and service was prompt and topped off with a smile. The only drawback for me (however minimal), was the lack of space...but once I saw the food, that didn't seem to factor.
The servings are generous, good presentation and I can't speak for the other dishes, but the pancakes (all 3 varieties) are divine! So good, in fact, that I just HAD to come back and line up all over again on two separate occasions in the same week.
Definite recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Just finished brunch. I think I just had the best pancakes in my life. Also had the sugar cured bacon. If you come here, you must try both.

Got here about 10:30 AM on a Tuesday and had to wait about 30 minutes. Well worth the wait.

Definitely will come back here next time I'm in New York City.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The line is long, and even on winter days people queue. The place it tiny and the seating there is not spacious. BUT the breakfast is so delicious, it's worth it. The omelets , the pancakes, everything there is perfect.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Well, this was the one place that I wanted to eat this past weekend, so we were forced to wait on Sunday morning. We arrived at 9:15 to find a line. Apparently it has become even more popular since my friends last went there. Because it was cold, they took our name and said it would be 45-60 minutes. It ended up being at least 75 minutes. Had I known that, we might have gone somewhere else or gotten a snack! There isn't much to do nearby, so we stood in a spot of sunshine on Houston.

AS to our brunch, once we were seated, it was pretty speedy. I split two meals with my friend - blueberry pancakes and the southern breakfast. All of the items were excellent, but worth the wait? Probably not. My friend said the coffee was bad, too. If I went again, I would probably try the cheddar spinach bacon muffin, strawberry cake, and cheese grits. As someone who likes to cook, I can make great pancakes at home as well as eggs. A lot of people rave about the bacon, but I found it a little too sweet for bacon. I would like to see the restaurant expand to create a better, less rushed dining experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Highly overrated place! Seriously, I make better pan cakes at home. Bring your patience and wallet and be prepared for a rip-off and a very loud and rude hostess.