“Good quality food: service a little rushed”

Coppola's Pizzeria Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Coppola's Pizzeria Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #572 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Amsterdam
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went with a group, and we wanted separate bills which they couldn't accommodate. Never mind, we had excellent food, but I had barely finished my delicious minestrone soup when the bowl was whipped away and my large dish of veal Milanese presented in its place. The desserts were presented on a sample plate so it was easy to see what you were ordering. I had no room for dessert, but my meal with one glass of wine cost a whopping $52 (including the inevitable tax and tip). Still, a pleasant evening was had by all.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our hotel Beacon recommended this place, and I was disappointed. My husband had the veal, which was overcooked. He asked for pasta with red sauce on the side, and the sauce had NO flavor. The stuff out of a jar has more spices. I tried the short rib ragu, and it was OK, but not sensational. We barely got our wine when our food came. so much for enjoying the dining experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We recommend this lovely restaurant to all folks. Food was excellent, service was outstanding.
Perfect setting. If you are staying at the Lucerne Hotel, skip their restaurant and go across the street to this fine place. You will be glad you did. Just great food, good prices, and service just like the old days. When going out to eat was a special event. It is truly a hidden gem..

2  Thank Beckys29
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place was recommended by our concierge and I was disappointed. It was nothing more than average. I can't think of anything special about it. They should do away with the dressed up waiters and the white table cloths and be what they really are, average.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just checked into the Beacon Hotel and was looking for a nice place for dinner. We did not want to get dressed up but we wanted good Italian. The hotel recomended Coppola's and said they would give us a discount if we showed our hotel key. The welcome was warm, the atmosphere was cozy, and the service was attentive. I had the daily soup which was too large but tasted great and as a main I had seafood pasta which was also huge but good. The discount was given without any hesitation and the whole experience was warm and friendly.

2  Thank Tempoman