“Efficient diner in east village”
Review of Cozy Soup & Burger

Cozy Soup & Burger
Ranked #1,941 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I went alone for lunch on a weekday and sat on a stool at the counter. (Small groups were being advised that they'd have to wait for a table, but it wasn't a long line.) I ordered the Five-Alarm Burger with jack cheese and jalapenos, and it came out fairly quickly, was a generous portion with sides, and everything prepared just right. With coffee, I paid a little over $15.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Came to eat here on my partner's 50th birthday; we just wanted a good diner and simple food on a visit to New York. Menu was great and huge, and prices were good too. Bonus beers on tap which was nice. I ordered a reuben, and my partner ordered chicken schnitzel, both really good and plentiful. Asked for cheese sauce with the fries and was surprised that they had none! No cheese sauce at a diner?! Anyway, no problem. Service was no problem and food good. What more do you really want? Nice memories.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

No better way to put it: this is a place to stuff yourself with gigantic pancakes, onion rings, huge salads... and I never even tried a burger. It is not cheap, nothing in NY is, but it is a proper american dinner.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Have eaten some version of bacon and eggs here on a few different visits to NYC and enjoyed my food a lot every time. Service is really pro and efficient, food is plentiful and inexpensive, and I love the classic look of the place.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had not read these reviews before going here, just turned up after a walk around NYU and Washington Square. It was busy so one would expect it would be good. The food was ok but the service was woeful. For example we asked for extra coffee and were just ignored. But the worst was yet to come. Our bill included a 20% tip which we were just told by the waiter "this is what you pay me".

Try elsewhere!