“Outstanding”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Amazing meal, a total experience! We felt like we were the most important people in there. Staff had researched us and told us they had looked on our business website which of course was very special! We were given a kitchen tour and a chance to meet the very talented kitchen brigade. The theatre of the dishes is wonderful and although the flavours are very much so at the forefront, the theatre of the presentation makes this meal a real experience. Would 100% recommend to anyone and was definitely worth the price as you would pay three times this for the equivalent in the UK. WELL DONE!!

3  Thank Siscar123

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is truly a phenomenal experience. The courses are presented in an artistic manner. Each course is so fun. I won't spoil it by telling you what is in store. You will try so many things in a new way. My husband and I are not fans of raw oysters or caviar, but fell in love with them here. They are not pretentious with the wines. My mother and I had the wine pairing. The sommelier helped my husband pick out a red wine. We had a bad experience the night before at Del Posto with them wanting us to order insanely expensive wine. This was not the case with Eleven Madison Park. The wait staff is amazing here and the food is so different, you must dine at Eleven Madison Park.

3  Thank EmilyManassas
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Going into Eleven Madison Park, I had no idea what to expect. All I heard was that it offered a tasting menu with a fixed price.

We were seated at 6:00, we ordered drinks, and then we were approached by a gentleman who asked about any food preferences or allergies. Once that was completed, we were given a small piece of paper with four cut-outs labeled coffee, strawberry, celery, and cherry and were asked to punch out the one cut-out that most exemplified our mood and our dinner tastings would be prepared around it.

I won't share the evening's secrets, but each of the15 tastings provided a creative experience that we continue to talk about days after the evening. Each of the samples was unique in flavor and presentation, unexpected and often used local ingredients.

After four hours, yes, four hours, we were given a printed copy of our individual menus and gift bags with the next morning's breakfast inside. The experience comes with a hefty price, yet, I can't seem to get this evening out of my mind. I experienced new flavors and combinations of ingredients prepared in remarkable ways, and the four hours seemed to rush by.

We left not feeling full or hungry but wanting just one more morsel from many of the servings.

The wait staff was completely engaged with the food and service and were knowledgable, prompt, and charming.

This was the most incredible and creative dining experience I have ever experienced anywhere in the world and my friends agreed.

4  Thank A T
Reviewed July 6, 2014

One of the longest meals we have ever had, and the time spent was well worth the money! The presentation was excellent and coupled with the wine menu, I was IMPRESSED!! The only set back was the food, it was good quality and great showcase of what America has to offer agriculturally. However, the tastes were quite extreme with certain dishes and quite over powering for us. Daniel Humm has to be proud of his one single asset that will make us return repeatedly and that is his staff. We have dined in many great restaurants all over the world from Ducasse, Robuchon, Shinji to Gordon Ramsey. This is one of the best we have ever if not, the best we have experienced. The intuitiveness, the proactive nature and considerate nature of the staff alone is worth the 23hr flight and 3 stars that Michelin can give. Kudos to Daniel Humm for having the best team ever assembled!

1  Thank paullings
Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you have read my review 2 years ago on this restaurant (6 January 2012), you'll see that at that time, with huge accolades, it was the most enjoyable experience of a lifetime.

It is with a heavy heart that I report a recent repeat visit to Eleven Madison Park which was followed by huge disappointment.

On the last occasion two years ago, there were choices one could make at every stage of the menu. On that occasion in 2012, even with choosing matching wines, the total bill for 2 people with gratuity came to about 380 USD......fabulous value! Sublime food, and service that was sincere and genuine.

With Eleven Madison Park's international notoriety and its reputation for difficulty in obtaining bookings, it has changed into a slick "polished" commercial product, degustation only, and the pricing with even very moderate wine choices has doubled (800 USD for two).

Overall, the food quality at times was still at a high standard, though some dishes were underwhelming and seemed to be unnecessary and just making up the numbers.

As commented by other reviewers, the staff continued to rattle off the same set patter of describing each dish as it arrived. There were no surprises as one had already heard the same monologue repeated several times from surrounding tables ahead of us in the food train. At times, the staff looked weary and lacked conviction as they delivered their set lines.

My biggest problem was the "smoke and mirrors", an impression that was shared with fellow diners at adjacent tables. Three examples:

1) the asparagus spears cooked in a pig's bladder: I could not believe that two spears (one per person) required the use of a separate pig's bladder for every table in the restaurant. I was left wondering whether the one brought to each table was indeed a "display piece" and not actually the óne containing the food that was about to arrive on our plates. Indeed, to sacrifice a separate pig's bladder for every table seems extraordinarily wasteful. But why go through a display process that is ingenuine?

2) our table chose the duck main course option (the only part of the menu where each table could make a choice). On our last visit in 2012, we chose the same option, indeed, the same dish. On that occasion, the whole duck was brought to the table, and served and plated at the table in front of us. Now that was truly genuine, and very impressive. On the recent visit, the whole duck was brought out to be admired, and then whisked away to be carved and plated elsewhere. Only a small portion of duck breast returned on our plates in what seemed like record time. We were left wondering what had happened to the rest of the duck, and whether the duck we had been shown was yet another display piece only.

3) a similar story with the Baked Alaska. A show piece was brought to the table, doused and torched with great ceremony, whisked away, and only a tiny portion arrived back on our plates in a time frame that did not seem to be realistic. Again, as well as ourselves, diners at adjacent tables were left asking, "so what happened to the rest of it"?

All in all, hugely disappointing, disillusioning, and very expensive, and leaving the patron with serious questions about having felt deceived.

I prefer an experience like the one in 2012 where excellent food was presented in an honest and sincere manner, without all the smoke and mirrors. It is such a shame when such an iconic restaurant sacrifices sincerity and becomes a victim of its own success.

10  Thank ___Dr__J0Hn___