“whimsical menu and excellent service”

Eleven Madison Park
Ranked #65 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Whitehorse, Canada
“whimsical menu and excellent service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Managed a reservation for lunch which is the same prix fixe meal as dinner. The menu does take about 3hr and they do take a credit card deposit for the reservation. If you don't show up they will charge you $125, however they contact you beforehand to confirm. I found the location near the Flatiron building with large windows and high ceilings appealing for lunch. The banquettes were comfortable and they allow you to be seated next to your partner if you wish.
There is a theatricality to the meal in a playful way starting with your selection of tastes in an envelope. The menu changes based on availability of ingredients so I won't go over the individual dishes but some things such as the Waldorf Salad and picnic basket seem consistent. The asparagus and truffle cooked sous vide in a pig bladder was very theatrical. The ingredients were top flight: Petrossian caviar, oyster, lobster. I did the wine pairing and they are generous with the pours. Some of the wines paired very well with the meal, some not so much, nothing outstanding. And that is why this meal didn't get into my top 5 or get 5 stars. The meals were lovely, but it's hard to mess up champagne and caviar! None of the dishes were unusual combinations of flavours or anything I crave now, so nothing outstanding. If you haven't been and can afford it, I would recommend it. Service is faultless without being frosty and the food is tasty just not terribly imaginative. The granola that they give you upon departure is very tasty but as a tourist, I prefer not to be carrying a mason jar home and I'm not eating granola while in NYC!

1 Thank tropicalnorth

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maheshwar, India
“disappointed”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

11 Madison Park, under Daniel Humm is reputed to be one of the top three restaurants in the USA. The restaurant went out of their way to accommodate a late arrival to our party of 4, which became 5. But our dinner on the 18th June left me unsatisfied. The tasting menu, and wine flights were good, some dishes very good, but nothing was such that I remember it today. The setting , of course was breathtaking. BUT at a little under $2000 for the five of us, I would have liked to have at least one dish which was breathtaking. I also feel that a requirement to have the tasting menu as the only choice when you come to 11 Madison Park is unfortunate.

2 Thank rholkar
Cochrane, Canada
“Wow”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

When you pay over $200 for a lunch you expect to be very impressed. 14 courses later we were very impressed...to say the least.

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Very Special!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a very special place for me. My husband I were married on March 1, 2013 and had our reception at Eleven Madison. The food was the most delicious I have ever had and people still call us telling us that they are craving the scallop that we served as an appetizer. On March 1, 2014, my husband and I returned to Eleven Madison for the 16-course tasting menu to celebrate our anniversary. We were treated with respect and we felt so special. The food was amazing, the service was incredible...they even make one of the courses at the table! We had so much fun opening the boxes of treats, the basket of food and we couldn't have been happier. It is expensive for us to dine here, but it will forever be a yearly treat for us on March 1. We do not drink and we never felt pressured to pair alcohol with our meal and they even checked to make sure that it was okay that the chef cooked with alcohol, which of course it was. They also confirmed any food allergies that we may have. I am craving the chocolate covered pretzel right now...March 1 can't come soon enough! I love that they print the menu for you after you are finished with your meal. And they send you home with homemade Eleven Madison Granola as well as a peanut butter chocolate bar. Inside of our bar was also a note that said "Happy Anniversary." So sweet, so special, so memorable!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Leslie M
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We chose one michelin starred restaurant to visit during our trip to New York. We managed to secure a late booking here after several attempts.

The evening was unforgettable. The menu was more interactive than we have experienced in other equivalent restaurants around the world. The quality of the food was enhanced by the showmanship and innovation. Each course is thoroughly thought-through and nothing felt like an "experiment" which can often be the case when chefs are trying to be different.

The staff are very personable and eager to please and make the night as special as possible.

The interior is beautifully decorated and the atmosphere suitable for all types of occasion, whether couples or business dinner.

Leave 3-4 hours for the meal of 15 courses.

1 Thank LegallyB