“Amazing Food and Service - even for picky eaters”

Eleven Madison Park
Ranked #64 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
New York City, New York
“Amazing Food and Service - even for picky eaters”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

There's a reason this place has three Michelin stars. Was the food the best I'd ever had? No. But every dish was perfectly executed, and interesting, and the service was beyond impeccable, making this the best meal I've ever had.

Imagine a table with six people, all with different dietary restrictions and allergies, and one very picky eater. A restaurant's nightmare, right? Wrong. Because Eleven Madison Park has such a well trained staff, they navigated our different dietary restrictions with ease, providing consistently interesting alternatives to each of us, whenever we came across a course that didn't meet our restrictions. After explaining our restrictions and aversions before the meal, we never had to say anything more. With the bread, came gluten free bread. With the seafood, came vegetarian options. Every course was prepared to perfection,

Some of the food could be classified as amazing. I really enjoyed their use of parsnip and truffle, and their interpretations of pastrami (one of my favorite meats), and pretzel were some of the best I've ever had. All together though, each course was something different and interesting. I may not have been a fan of all of the flavors, but it was a lot of fun to try each of them, and every dish was presented beautifully, over a span of four and a half hours.

They also used very high quality, locally sourced ingredients. They had the most incredible apples, apparently from upstate New York. They had a variety of New England clams and oysters, caviar, lobster, house-made cheese - you name it. They don't shirk on the ingredients here.

I mentioned the service was impeccable. Besides how knowledgable and accommodating the staff was, they were also really quick. Whenever I sat down, somebody was pushing in my chair, and grabbing me a new napkin before I knew what was happening. Drinks were refilled constantly. Everybody was served at once, and even though the meal took four and a half hours, I thought it was perfectly timed.

I've heard others compare eleven madison park to a museum, or a show. While those are both accurate depictions, I think the best way to describe it is a personalized experience. It's like having your own Michelin star chef, for the day.

It's a long, tiring, fun experience, and though I don't intend to go back for at least a couple of years (it's more of a one-time experience), if invited, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's definitely worth doing at least once.

Some noted dishes: (House-smoked Pastrami, rye cracker, and Maple soda) - (Roast duck, duck broth, and duck sausage and gruyere on cracker), (Bone marrow, caviar, and beef tartare, all served inside of a bone)(Savory black and white cookie with Apple and cheddar, and sweet black and white cookie with cinnamon )

• Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Oslo
“First time in New York”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

After reading tripadviser and the 50 best restaurants in the world, we make a reservation.
I go the with my wife on our first trip to New York the restaurant was more or ess full.
Really excellent service, a special menu, the taste was a little “flat”
Also the presentation could be better, but I like the “French” touch not the new Scandinavian way.
I Can`t say that the dinner was worth the price.

• Visited February 2014
Queens
“How many we delight you?!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have not a bad thing to say about this meal - which took about several hours. I do not eat cheese and they were able to accommodate this in each course made. Each plate was like a piece of art work laid in front of you to eat. Being that it was a special occasion I was able to get a tour of the kitchen with my boyfriend and my goodness that was amazing! The whole thing was an experience to be had!! If you have a special event or celebration this is the place to go and celebrate!! They also send you home with a gift. (PS: Coffee is not included in your price, which seems a lil strange to be especially after eating 6-9 courses of food.)

• Visited March 2013
Millbrook, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say thanks to Eleven Madison Park for an amazing afternoon on Friday 14th Feb. From the personal welcome to fantastically crafted dishes and a trip to the kitchen for cocktails and a chat with the chefs. If you are thinking about making a visit, stop thinking and try to book.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Terry M
Boston
“Was it worth it? Once.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

You know the drill. Get on the phone at NINE A.M. ON THE DOT 28 days before you want a reservation. After 40 minutes on hold, what is left for a party of four? 5:45pm and 8 pm, for a three hour meal. The Mister had a presentation to give the next day, so 8pm was not an option. Then the other couple changed their minds. I called to change the reservation from four to two people. Nope. No tables for two. Unless I wanted to eat at 10pm. I told them to cancel the reservation. The reservationist put me on hold, came back, told me we could have a table for two at 5:45pm. I am irked. This is so not worth the hassle. Why does making a reservation have to be an Olympic sport?

Got to the restaurant on time. They put us in the bar. Ordered a drink, then got immediately shown to our table. Huh. It was the best hot buttered rum of my career, but it had to be consumed fairly quickly to keep to their pace. Yes, their pace. This is food choreography, lots of delicious courses brought out at predetermined intervals. God help you if you fall behind.

The service was excellent, but serious. Even the card trick was serious. (No smart phone video allowed.) Impeccable. No flaws. The food was wonderful. Each course worked within itself, and as part of a flow of food and ideas. We loved it. It was very expensive. We ordered two half bottles of wine, a white and a red, reasonably priced. It was still very expensive. They are not shy about the wine list prices at all, nosirree.

We had a lovely time. But the reservation junk left a sour taste in my mouth. They have it completely reversed. They are not there for me, they are there for them, their convenience, their protocols. So I don't think I will be doing this again. But I did like it a lot once I got there.

We were there during Santacon. It was very entertaining, walking through the streets and seeing Santas and elves and reindeer everywhere.

• Visited December 2013