“A piece of gastronomic theatre..........”

Eleven Madison Park
Ranked #64 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Truro, United Kingdom
“A piece of gastronomic theatre..........”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

So, Eleven Madison park, stylish elegant, and an evening full of surprises. Expensive , yes , but with an almost one to one staff to guest ratio it's not cheap to run.
The welcome and service is warm and genuine while remaining professional. The food is world class, and a tasting menu of some 14 courses is something that has to be tried at least once in your life.
Not a place for the faint hearted, and if you don't 'get' it then you could actually hate it, but if you can go, and cost isn't a problem , then this is a chance to see some very clever food theatre.
Thank you to some very talented people.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Pommepuree

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
“Above and beyond - magical.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My friends saved up and took me to NYC to experience one of the best culinary journeys I ever embarked on (only French Laundry takes top place due to my husband taking me to SF to propose and surprising me with the res). I have a really great husband and friends - I know :)

Back to Eleven Madison Park, the hype is true. The fifth best restaurant in the world certainly holds up to every standard and expectation.. and then more.

Our reservation was at 5:30PM, which I understand is actually really early for NY folks to be dining. But trust me, this is a 3.5-4 hour experience. We had to leave at 9:30 PM to catch a flight but we could have easily stayed at the restaurant past 10:00 PM.

It started with a kitchen tour, where we met James Kent (chef de cuisine) and got to have a brief chat with him. After this we were made a wizardly cocktail in front of our eyes in the kitchen before being seated for dinner. I think all the other posts capture the words much better than myself but truly this restaurant is magical. It pushes the boundaries of innovation on every level. The staff is well executed but extremely friendly. The food - we couldn't even finish the last couple of courses as we were so staffed. Please note that they ONLY offer a tasting menu, a la carte is not an option.

Some of the best courses included: Sea Urchin, Sturgeon and Ostrich Egg. I still have fantasies about these dishes.

This meal is worth EVERY penny and if you are a foodie or love food.. this will just blow you away.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TorontoQwerty
New York City, New York
“best meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

It is not just a meal, it is a wonderful experience.
Beautiful creations comes out every time, which is not just for the taste, but also for your other senses.Every course surprised us in some way.We had the matching wines as well, which complemented the dishes amazingly.Not just one of the best meals of my life, but an experience I will remember

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank john w s
Burnaby, Canada
“Lovely jubbly ”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Certainly a lovely restaurant and I might re-visit. Its a beautiful restaurant the service was as good as you could ever expect. Location just lovely and out door seating was wonderful. Staff were attentive and agreeable.

Sydney, Australia
“The Ultimate Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is the most exciting, innovative, exceptional and memorable dining experience you will ever have. If you go to New York you have to experience Eleven Madison Park at least once in your lifetime. This was my second dining experience at Eleven Madison Park in the past two years and I would have been more than happy to have enjoyed a repeat of the same experience a second time, however, Daniel Humm and the entire team have lifted the bar even higher.

The creativity of the menu and the presentation of each course is not only amazing, it is quite breathtaking and the service is world class. The waiters knowledge of both food and the wine is exceptional and most enjoyable to listen to.

It is often said you get what you pay for. An evening at EMP is worth every cent and more. It is an experience that will stay with you for a lifetime. Thank you for making my experience at EMP this time so special.

• Visited January 2014