“Outstanding Restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

You can really see why this place has three Michelin stars. Everything is perfect. It was by far the most delicious and most expensive meal we have ever had.

The restaurant is very clean and elegant with an art deco theme and beautiful high ceilings. From the moment we walked through the revolving door, the staff were very friendly and professional. We had a drink at the bar, with personalised cocktails made for us, before being seated and taking 2.5 hours to work our way through the fifteen course tasting menu.

There is nothing I can really say to do the food any justice. It has to be tasted. Although the portions are small, every single item on the plate is extremely flavoursome and has a purpose. Although I had never heard of half the items, they were all delicious and presented in the most unique ways. There was only one dish that I didn't take to, and without having to say anything, I was immediately offered the chance to substitute it for any of the other dishes. For several of the dishes a chef actually explains it to you and prepares it in front of you at the table.

The staff are just amazing to watch. It is like a choreographed dance. Everyone has there part and everyone is in sync. The second you finish with something, it is whisked away and within a second it is replaced by someone else right on their heels. My partner found the air-conditioning a bit cold and without having to say anything, a very attentive member of staff had noticed her shiver and was instantly by our table to offer her a Kashmir shawl. The second I even thought about getting up from the table, someone would appear and pull the table out for me. The level of service was just amazing.

At $500 for two people, not including drinks, it is definitely on the pricey side. But then again, it is one of the top restaurants in the world and something that must be experienced at least once. Highly recommended, just make sure to book several months in advance.

5  Thank Bizstice
There are newer reviews for Eleven Madison Park

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'd read it takes 3-4 hours to get through the tasting set menu, however we managed to stretch it right out to five hours of pure pleasure.

Wonderful and inventive cooking, excellent quality of wine-pairing, plus outstanding and knowledgeable service. Thank you very much 11 Madison for a memorable evening.

I would, and I will, recommend this place to any visitor to NYC.

2  Thank pcrman
Reviewed August 26, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the restaurant we knew it was going to be a great experience. The restaurant is in a beautiful art deco style room with high ceilings. We started with some cocktails that for a super fancy restaurant were quire well priced. You don't have a say in terms of the menu but what they offer is great including an amazing tomato dish, carrot dish that they grate in front of you and a cute "picnic" style course with beer. They also performed a card trick at dessert time and you also got a little take home breakfast jar of granola to enjoy the next morning. The staff were attentive and professional. A great way to do something fancy.

1  Thank Tash28
Reviewed August 25, 2013

All the plates were done perfectly and well thought out. The staff were very attentive and extremely nice. My favourite dish was the foie gras creme brule...to die for! It was a dining experience that I will never forget!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Friends took me here for a milestone birthday. It is premier, first-class dining from the moment you walk in until you leave several or more hours later. Friendly, informed, professional staff who are trained professionals, not actors needing work. It is a relaxed, long meal meant to savor literally, every bite. The food is outstanding and creative. Probably the best dining experience I've ever had - and I'm a foodie.

2  Thank Don V