“It's not just a restaurant, it's an experience”

Eleven Madison Park
Ranked #121 of 14,429 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been to 11 Madison over many years and over time it has morphed to a better and better restaurant. Much has to do with the constant striving to give their diners a truly enveloping experience. It takes a great deal of courage and confidance for chef Humm and resterauter Guidara to achieve 3 Michelin stars and a 4 star NY Times review and walk away from that formula and reinvent itself. They did and their 11 Madison reinvention is magnificent. Not only is the food extrordinary, the service is confident without being cloying.
We started with a savory cookie and progressed to an oyster with sorrel and buckwheat. Impossible to go into all the 15 courses but one of the highlights were the sea urchin custard with baby squid. The chef plays with our understanding of customary foods for example sturgeon with sabayon , chives and caviar and everything bagel crumbles.. Not quite the bagels and lox I get on a Sunday. Another is their version of an Egg Cream. For my wife and my self it was the only miss.
The lobster ,the pear poached in honey, the picknic basket, etc, all made the evening remarkable.
Touring the kitchen and having them make a drink gin based, with liquid nitrogen,which froze it,and having it melt while drinking it was remarkable. After dinner they bring you to an alcove where you sit and have a brandy. Very civilized.
I only wish I could give it a 6 star rating on Tripadvisor.

1  Thank dentdoctraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,166)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

After having a lovely dinner at Adler Ryne and I decided to go for nightcap and dessert at the bar at Eleven Madison Park. It's a great space and we were happily greeted at the door even though it was just at the 10 o'clock closing time. We had a martini and a glass of champagne and were lucky enough to see the sommelier who had served us when we were here for lunch a couple of months ago. She arranged for us to get two of those delicious egg creams.
We will definitely come back for dinner in the bar. It's a lively space and the dinner menu is a la carte.

2  Thank Kenneth P
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This restaurant is right up there with Fat Duck. The food was like a stage show. Every course had a story and was absolutely amazing. Do take your wallet as you will need it but its worth it. The service was just fantastic thoroughly spoilt. I don't think I had a favourite as every course out did the last. Great wine list.

1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Inventive restaurant, all dishes tasted good (unlike some other inventive restaurants), I particulary liked the carrot tartar. Very good service and wine list. I will visit again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am not a huge foodie. My friends are, and I know what I like, but I would not say that I am a huge foodie. Therefore, I usually get a little nervous that myself or my husband is going to eat with the wrong utensil and have a waitress look down her nose at us.
but you will not have this happen here.
Considering they have three Michelin stars...none of them are up their "bottom". Such great people.
The head chef actually brought one of our dishes to the table to explain the cooking process and I did not even realise until much later.
He was sooooo nice and just all about the people.
I am a sports marketing person and when we arrived early the staff we doing their pre service pep talk. Tey even have a huddle and chant...I loved it. They act like a team, behave like a team and this is why they keep winning awards and hearts!
Now...to the food.
Some amazing food.
As I said, I am NOt a foodie, but I now understand about the experience of dining. About 15 separate food courses. I don't want to spoil your surprises but here are some hints...carrots minced fresh at the table, gorgeous local foods, best cheese ever, a picnic experience at the table.
Confronting...hmmmm...probably the foie gras and the ostrich egg but otherwise the rest is great food...and my husbands is a super plain eater! He tucked intro everything but the aforementioned!

2  Thank KathTetley