“Deserves a higher rating on Trip Advisor”

Eleven Madison Park
Ranked #117 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've eaten at every 3 star restaurant in New York as well as at several others around the U.S. and in France, and while Eleven Madison Park cannot match the very best in terms of quality of food, it matches them in terms of overall dining experience. Individual dishes excel, and we can forgive the one or two that might have slightly disappointed, as it was just so enjoyable to dine there.

Yes, you can get a better meal at Per Se or the French Laundry, at Robuchon in Las Vegas, or at Le Grand Vefour in Paris, but we would still rank 11 Madison Park as among our top five dining experiences. You won't find a friendlier staff at any of them.

1  Thank lespes
Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

]Food 6.5/10, Service 8/10, Decor 6.5/10, Value 3/10

The experience at this restaurant is not about outstanding food. It is more focussed on an interesting experience achieved through creative playful food concepts and good service. As much as I can appreciate this, I do not wish to pay exorbitant prices to have wait staff 'play' with my food, in a restaurant whose decor is clearly dated and where the flavour of the dishes itself is lack lustre. The restaurant feels sterile & the pretence of the maitre de is overly transparent. The best part of the evening was the sommelier and other wait staff who appeared genuine and warm.

I have dined at many restaurants that serve far better food, in a more aesthetically appealing setting that charge similar or lesser prices.

I would not return to this restaurant.

1  Thank judy k
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is simply the best meal I have ever had - Period! The food is delicious, the service excellent and the whole experience amazing.

Highly recommend it anytime any day. Here are my pictures from lunch

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We could not fault our trip to this restaurant during our trip in November 2012.
Hailing from the UK it was 45 minutes of waiting on the phone just to get a reservation thankfully we managed. So we rocked up on Thanksgiving night a little early so we took the opportunity to take a pic outside. Anyway a member of staff came out and offered to take our pics. Which we though was so nice off him as it was a cold evening.

We started off the evening in the bar with some cocktails before we were ushered to our table. Being Thanksgiving it was their take on a traditional menu. It was a four course menu and every element was fabulous!

The service was fabulous what you want when you are out for a meal attentive but not intrusive.

Would love to go back....

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This is now #1 on my US restaurant list- I've been to all the top spots in ny, Chicago, SF, Boston etc. they are welcoming, fun and creative and every course was interesting- yes it's 3 hrs and part theater- but in a fun and not pretentious way. Impeccable service and every staff member knew every ingredient and dish perfectly. Wine list is spectacular- pairings were excellent- only one miss for me- a fino sherry with an abalone dish- they cheerfully switched it out for a great chablis premier cru (my wife liked the sherry pairing - so maybe just my palate-). A meal to remember....