“A Little Jewel in the East Village - Extra Virgin”
Review of Extra Virgin

Extra Virgin
Reserve with OpenTable
Extra Virgin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #968 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Extra Virgin is a little jewel box of a restaurant in the East Village, it has a vintag-y vibe with a tiny patio elevated just above the narrow sidewalk for people watching and cute little aqua colored velvet bar stools lined up at a dining counter/bar that looks like it came from your grandparents house complete with antique mirrors. The outdoor seating is intimate, the one way street in view is small, the neighborhood is residential, tree lined and quiet. Shoulder rubbing is required. Don't be an introvert otherwise you'll miss an opportunity to make a friend before you leave. I was there recently with my Mom and 6' 6" boyfriend and though the inside and outside are small he wasn't uncomfortable at all. We had cocktails (their specialty cocktail called the Perry Street was a DO for me 2x's) appetizers, dinner and dessert for about 200.00 I pleasantly surprised at the food which was very good, varied and fresh. My mom had red sangria mojito, soup & pasta, I had a red sangria, 2 Perry street, fish & salad & berry cobbler, my BF had red sangria , the Jagger cocktail, soup ,steak & strawberry cheesecake it was the only time we weren't talking and laughing, too busy eating. I would definitely stop by again and try some more of their menu items in the near future. What a nice treat it must be for residents to have that gem steps from their homes for brunch lunch or dinner. It's a good look.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Big day out so we wanted a nice bite to eat. Service was efficient. Food came out quickly.

Burger was great with Gorgonzola cheese. Scallops were enjoyed and the toasted sandwich was also greatly appreciated

So overall OK

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Loved the dining experience at this restaurant. Great atmosphere in West Village. The design is cozy with outdoor seating. If you're in the area, this is a great food stop.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

First, service was horrible, for me it's very important to feel good sitting at the table. The lady was so cold almost rude...

We ordered steak and pasta bolognese. The portion of meat was for a child and the pasra were sweet and I had to put a lot of salt to kill the taste of sugar. Plus, it was not a fresh bolognese sauce it was from a can...

Nice place to seat outside, nice wine and cocktail but the food wasnt not really good and expensive.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

We love coming to Extra Virgin, especially on a Sunday night! You gotta get the spaghetti and meatballs. Fair warning, share it! They have a special for every day of the week but we just can't get past Sundays! Everything is great! The service is excellent. Very casual. Great bar scene too especially during happy hour. Fun! Too bad we live in CT and can't go more often!