“Good steak, average service”

Gallagher's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gallagher's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: A, C & E trains to 50th Street and 8th Avenue, 1 train to 50th Street, and N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Description: Gallaghers Steakhouse is an American steakhouse established in New York City in 1927. Located just steps from the dazzling lights of Broadway and the pulsing energy of Times Square, Gallaghers Steakhouse takes its rightful place at the very heart of New York City. For over 87 years, this is where the city's sports teams have announced their wins, where celebrities take their bows, and Wall Street titans toast their deals. With its trademark combination of the best USDA prime dry-aged steak, a classic cocktail list, and a wait staff that never forgets a name, Gallaghers serves up an authentic New York City experience you'll savor for years to come.
Dallas, Texas
“Good steak, average service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Gallagher's on my recent visit to NYC. We got a table for four right away and our server came and took our order promptly. We ordered 3 filet mignon and 1 rib eye, the first time they brought the rib eye it was way overcooked so we had to send it back. They replaced it right away with a fine cut grilled to perfection. The creamed spinach and mushrooms were nice and the house specialty dish, the Gallagher Fries were so so, not more than fried potato wedges. Food was four star, however the place was lacking atmosphere and they tried to charge us for the overcooked rib eye and even looked annoyed when we asked them to fix the check! Not the best service....

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Still Excellent”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It had been a couple of years since my last meal here - and I was not disappointed. The service was friendly (not stuffy) and the food was outstanding. I don't think more than two words were spoken by the four of us as we ate - it was so good. I had the ribeye and as usual, it was cooked perfectly. I reccommend Gallagher's to everyone - both their NY location and their Vegas location.

Long Island, NY
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been to Gallagher's three or four times but not in at least five years. I went recently before
the theatre and I was somewhat disappointed. It was not nearly as good as on my previous visits.

The people at the table next to us were served before we were and I mentioned to my dinner companion that they were eating chicken. Why go to a steakhouse to order chicken, I thought. Perhaps they were on to something. Although our dinner was not horrible, the porterhouse for two had very little taste and was somewhat tough - not what I expect from dry-aged, expensive steak. With so many excellent steakhouses in NY, I won't be hurrying back to Gallagher's, which is sad, because I always enjoyed it in the past.

2 Thank dannyo62003
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Best steaks anywhere”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had been to the Gallaghers in the New York New York Casino in Vegas so wanted to come to the original.
We were not dissapointed, the steaks were incredible and the service was excellent. Its certainly not cheap, but well worth the money for the best steak dinner on the planet

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Reliably good meal”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Tables of two are positioned very close to other tables. Service was below average. Lame chops were very good and filet was good. Showed up last minute for dinner, so glad to find room, but not sure we would go back.