“AMAZING JAZZ and Great Dinner!!”
Review of Garage Restaurant and Cafe - CLOSED

Garage Restaurant and Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Christopher St
Transit: Take the # 1 train to Christopher street and we are on the corner of Christopher and 7th or take the A,B,C,D,E,F to west 4th street and walk two blocks
Description: What used to be a garage in the 20's is now a casual American restaurant famous for its live Jazz & late night meals. Out-of-towners & locals alike dive into the a la carte dinners & Prix Fixe Brunches while watching the show. In the summer, the outdoor cafe is an airy spot for micro-brewed beers, raw bar selections & a wide range of fresh seafood & grilled steaks. In the winter, tables around the stone fireplace warm crowds.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I were in New York for the Labor Day weekend. We were telling a limo/taxi driver that we wanted to go to a jazz club and he told us about the Garage. We are SO GLAD he told us about it! We had such an amazing night there. It was the highlight of our weekend. We already had dinner so we went for drinks and appetizers. It was late, around 11pm on a Saturday night. Before we walked through the doors we could hear the faint sounds of jazz that were a welcoming beacon to come in! I can't say enough about the Carl Bartlett, Jr Quartet!! They put on an OUTSTANDING show and they were so sweet to play my husband's and my wedding song, "The Way You Look Tonight." They brought us back in time to the era of Jazz and it was such an amazing experience. It makes me sigh with happiness just thinking about it.
The wait staff was excellent too! Our waitress was very attentive and had a genuine kind, earnest attitude that is rare to find in any restaurant. Our appetizers were very unique and very delicious.
It was an all-around excellent visit. We had such a wonderful memorable experience that we cannot wait to go back the next time we're in New York.

2  Thank bbhayes21

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Fantastic atmosphere with live jazz, great service, and even better food! Very different and fun dinner/late night find during our trip to NYC. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My first visit to the Garage has been very enjoyable: it was for my birthday couple of weeks back. We had early dinner there and had a chance to enjoy pleasant ambience and conversation. The first show started at ~7pm and we were lucky to see a really great Jazz band (yes, full band) of very skillful and passionate musicians. Though the place wasn't crowded at all that day, but it felt very warm and people enjoyed the performances very much.
I've read the past reviews in regards to the food here, but was indeed pleasantly surprised with the quality. The mussels were great as well as tuna tartar; we had a salad that was big enough to share. Would definitely recommend the place. I hear their Sunday brunch is fantastic.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ate dinner at Garage July 27, 2012. There was a wonderful jazz trio playing throughout our dinner, and everyone at my table absolutely loved their food. I had the Pan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops. They were melt in your mouth divine, and unfortunately I had to share with my husband and kids! :) My husband had the Chicken and Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli, also excellent.

1  Thank TO-Cat
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went here last Christmas eve and we were excited. The local musicians build an relaxed ambiente. They had a special menu for Christmas and they totally rocked it. The service was very nice and the dishes were big. It was a 3-dish menu - appetizer, main dish + side, dessert - which was amazing. I can only recommend it