“Perfect pre-theatre dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greek Kitchen

Greek Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Greek Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,447 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 58th Street
Transit: Subways at 57th and 7th (N,Q,R trains) and Columbus Circle and 59th Street (A,B,C,D,1 trains).
Description: The Greek Kitchen offers classic Greek fare in Midtown West NYC! Join us for traditional favorites such as moussaka, pastichio & gyros.
Surrey
“Perfect pre-theatre dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I love Greek food and our seafood meal was tasty and a perfect size for two. The squid and octopus were unusually tender on the appetizer platter for two.

The staff are mindful of theatre curtain times and paced the meal accordingly. I would recommend this restaurant for theatre goers who would like a tasty pre-theatre meal when attending events at Lincoln Center.

Visited April 2014
George P, Owner at Greek Kitchen, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thanks for visiting us before going to the theatre! We're always more than happy to accommodate any time constraints, and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the dishes that you tried. Thanks so much for reaching out about your experience. I hope you enjoyed the performance, and we'll see you again soon!

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Great food and great wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great place for excellent Greek wine
Food was excellent and service was great
Great location near Times Square hotels

• Visited August 2013
George P, Owner at Greek Kitchen, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review! It's wonderful to hear that you were pleased with the Greek wine, food, and service. Hope you'll be back to visit us again soon!

Best,
George
Ottawa, Canada
“Bad night?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a disappointing experience at The Greek Kitchen. We arrived on a Friday evening to find the place busy, but not full. We were given a table right away, and ordered soon after. Despite ordering your basic fare, it was 30 minutes from the time of ordering before we were brought our basic green salads, obviously pre-made, and another 40 minutes before the main course arrived. Unfortunately one of the orders was mixed up and we received a lamb shank instead of the lamb kebab. Yes, that's a bit of an upgrade, and it was delicious, but it wasn't what that person was looking for. They offered to return it and bring the original order, but that it would be a while to cook. We opted to keep the lamb shank. I had ordered the pikilia, and while the gyro and bifteki were good, the pork souvlaki was cool to the touch and felt undercooked when I bit into it. I did not finish it. My wife had the chicken souvlaki and did enjoy that, but while one out of three might be good enough to get you a long contract with the Yankees, I had expected better from this well reviewed restaurant.

That said, I am guessing by the volume of good reviews, we probably just hit the place on a bad night. I would be willing to give it another chance.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
George P, Owner at Greek Kitchen, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with your experience. Thanks for reaching out about your visit, and I wish we had impressed you with our menu. Your feedback is very helpful to know where we can improve and not drop the ball like that again. I hope you'll consider returning for a much improved experience!

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Delicious, Friendly, Authentic, Dependable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

For the past fifteen years, I've looked forward to dining at The Greek Kitchen, West 58th and 10th Avenue, when I'm in NYC. Whenever I order the whole fish of the day (often branzino) I am brought back to happy memories spent traveling through the Greece islands. I have celebrated birthdays and graduations in this restaurant. One of my favorite dishes to accompany anything else I order is the "horta" (greens). One this latest visit last week, I order the grilled octopus for an appetizer and absolutely loved it. It was prepared perfectly, with a very slight char and was very tender. I've noticed over the years that the restaurant is a favorite of locals in the neighborhood and also of the medical staff at Roosevelt Hospital across the street. I look forward to my next meal there in a few months!

• Visited January 2014
George P, Owner at Greek Kitchen, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
It's wonderful to hear from you, Anne! Thanks so much for your kind words on the dining experience that you've had with us over the years, and I look forward to many more visits in the future. Can't wait to have you back the next time you're craving something from our menu!

New York City, New York
“go hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We love this place for lunch and dinner. Just be prepared as the dinner entrees with salad are huge. The Greek wine selection is excellent.

Visited November 2013