“Great location for fresh sushi”
Review of Haru

Haru
Ranked #303 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: 1, 2, 3, R, W, Q, N & 7 trains to 42nd Street/Times Square and E, A & C trains to 42nd Street/Eighth Avenue.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We enjoyed sushi here before a show. A bustling place with a nice decor. Friendly and smiling wait staff. The sushi and sashimi was nicely presented and very tasty. We were not rushed at all, unlike most places in the this area of midtown. We had a 6pm reservation and easily made it to an 8pm show a few blocks away. Nearby signs indicate this restaurant is moving down 43rd Street in the near future, likely to a larger space.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

After a long day of walking around the city, my friends and I were in the search for a good dinner to cap off our experience. We had seen Haru when we drove by that morning and decided to pop in for dinner. It had a pretty good atmosphere, definitely a good place to meet up with friends or for couples.

The service was prompt; our waitress came by several times to check on us, take our plates, and refill our drinks, although my friend was not asked what she wanted to drink at all (assumably because everyone else had ordered the same thing, so she got it too.) The food was excellent; nice portions and fresh ingredients. Everyone in my party ordered something different and we each tried some of the other's meal. It was a little on the expensive side (about $20 per person) but I guess that's what you should expect in the middle of the city. Still, it was a great meal and a great way to unwind after our long and tiring day.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The quality of the sushi was just ok..it actually felt quiet chewy at times..it didn't feel as fresh as it should. We asked about tea (it was really cold that evening) but there was only green tea available which was quiet disappointing. The ambiance was nice. The restaurant is good for after work quick dinner but it is not the best sushi in NY and it is not a good price either (like some of us here suggested). Very average. The service was ok.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I've been here to this Haru location several times, but today it was for lunch. I brought a business associate, and he loved the Sushi Roll combination while I had the terriyaki salmon box.We started with edamame, and the meal was fantastic. The lunch crowd was not as busy on Saturday, so we were able to enjoy a leisurely meal with plenty of time for conversation. Haru has once again provided a great meal at great value.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Came here and sat at the sushi bar for a quick dinner before a show. As with the other Haru's I've been to this was OK, but not the greatest when it came to service.

We asked to be seated at the sushi bar and it took awhile for someone to come and greet us. Additionally, we had to ask for the happy hour menu, it wasn't presented to us. After this point, service got a little better, but definitely not the level I was expecting.

I would say the food is great here, but they need to spend a little more time training the staff to get them up to speed about customer service and attentiveness.