“Fantastic - inventive but also classical sushi extremely fresh - and surprisingly good given location”
Review of Haru

Haru
Ranked #429 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: 1, 2, 3, R, W, Q, N & 7 trains to 42nd Street/Times Square and E, A & C trains to 42nd Street/Eighth Avenue.
LONDON
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were ooking for a pre-theatre sushi near Time Square - expecting to find a mediocre at best experience. Thanks to Tripadvisor - we selected Haru.

WOW - best sushi we've ever had - fresh and inventive. There was a rainbow type roll with asparagus and mango and strawberry. Absolutely delightful.

Excellent king crab dumpling and tempura - followed by a selection of sushi, rollls and more sushi.

Was busy - but the service was competent and quick - I cannto recommend this place enough.

Decor nice - and the waiting staff ectremely pleasantand helpful

We will return

• Korean first
Hanford, California
“Great service and drinks”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here prior to a broadway show. We wanted to get a quick bite at the bar. I loved the atmosphere and decor or the restaurant. We had great service and the had a very good happy hour special for drinks and sushi. The drinks we had were great but the sushi was okay. I thought the service was great and bartender was very friendly. I recommend this restaurant for couples looking or a good drink but I wouldn't go out of my way to return for the food.

“Lunch Time at Haru”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Haru was a spur of the moment decision.
It was right next to the Hotel I reserved " Hotel Carter " .
This find was a pleasant surprise. The inside is very nicely decorated and they have a nice selection of food.

The sushi was delicious and fresh. The prices were perfect and I could have ate there everyday of my trip :) Time Square is very pricey and this was a nice find!

“Gold leaf sushi!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place right behind the Hard Rock Cafe. Food was delicious especially the Broadway Roll with gold leaf on top!

1 Thank Murph946
Miami, Florida
“Surprisingly good sushi just off Broadway”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I've wandered in here a couple of times with no reservation and though always crowded have never had to wait long. Good wine and sake selection, creative rolls. It's no Gari Sushi or Masa but tasty and decent pricing. Only drawback is the atmosphere, loud club-like music reverberates, worse than Times Square itself!!

1 Thank MAL1997