“Very pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Cross street: Between 8th & 9th Avenues (We are on Restaurant Row)
Transit: The Hourglass Tavern is 4 blocks away from The Port Authority Bus Terminal. Nearby subway services include The A,C,E,N,W and 1,2,3 trains. We are within a short walking distance of Times Square, countless Hotels and Theatres.
Description: We are located in a 4 story renovated brownstone on famed restaurant row in New York City and a welcoming staple in the neighborhood for 34 years! We have 3 distinctly different floors for service. 1-Original Tavern, 2-Bettibar, & 3-The Top of the Glass-available for private events. Our kitchen was built to service 14 seats on the first floor but now accommodates the requests of 62 throughout. Hours: Dinner service begins 4p.m. M/T - 11 p.m. , Wed./Th. -12 Midnight, Fri. -1 a.m. Saturday & Sunday Brunch 11:00 a.m.- 3p.m. (last order at 2:55) w/$5 Cocktails & complimentary muffins. Dinner Sat. 4p.m. -1a.m. Sun.4-12 Midnight. Bettibar (on2) 5p.m.- 4 a.m. every evening with $5 Happy Hour Specials 5-10p.m. If you're not a local, you will feel like one when you're done!
Reviewed June 3, 2019

We were in New York for the Memorial day weekend and randomly stumbled into this restaurant. My wife and I are world travelers but New York is one of our favorite places. We were very pleasantly surprised. Not only does it look very authentic but also has great food and very personal and good service. And all of it is for very reasonable price. We would wholeheartedly recommend this place for all occasions
Polina and Igor.

Reviewed May 23, 2019

This was a return trip after discovering Hourglass last year. I even had the same meal (salad, grilled pork chop with mashed potatoes & spinach, and Tiramisu for dessert). It was from the prix fixe menu - a NYC bargain at $25. This year I ate at the bar on the second floor and had a delightful conversation with a couple of regulars and the bartender. It was a fun pre-theater evening - one that I will likely repeat the next time I'm in NYC.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

Small on space but big on service and food - a theater district staple for those in the know. No pretense, just good everything. First heard of the place in a John Grisham novel years ago, have been going back ever since.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank SeamusSA
Reviewed May 20, 2019

What a fun and unique place! Don't miss it! The food was so good; we were all sharing each other's food from their plates. Service was incredible and friendly. I will be back!

Reviewed May 6, 2019

I am from the South and know Southern Hospitality. Leanna, Jack, and all of The Hourglass Tavern Staff could not have been more gracious, hospitable, fun, and all welcoming for our last Supper on the tail end of an already amazing trip to NYC.

My Wife, 6-year-old Daughter, and I arrived on Saturday night for our 7:30 pm reservation and were at The Hourglass Tavern until 11:30 pm. Leanna and Jack kept us laughing all night while filling our bellies with delicious food and cocktails. Hells Kitchen and Restuarant Row where The Hourglass Tavern is located is very authentic. I lost count of the number of people how walked by that Leanna knew and would pop up from our table to welcome with a hug or conversation.

The food and libations were amazing. We started with a meatball appetizer which was delicious. For our main entrees, I had the Penne Mascarpone, my wife had the Lobster Ravioli and my daughter had the Sliders. All of us couldn't have been more pleased with our entree's of choosing!

I 110% RECOMMEND THE AUTHENTIC, FUN, AND DELICIOUS HOURGLASS TAVERN TO ANYONE looking for the true New York experience. You might not be Family but they will make you feel that way by the time you leave.

Keep up the great work Leanna, Jack, and Beth and thanks for making our last night in New York a memorable one!!! We will see you next time...