“Good food”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 108th Street
Transit: Train #1 to 110st M104 bus to 108th st
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a pretty good Indian restaurant. It's not quite as good as those in Curry Hill (Lexington Ave around 28th St.) However, they did have thalis! I love thalis because you get a variety of things on one plate. I ate all of it.

The service was good and very accommodating. The decor was nice with paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling.

There are newer reviews for Indian Cafe

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Wow what a lovely surprise. Found this place by accident, and it really surprised us. The cuisine is absolutely wonderful - by far the best indian food we've had outside of asia. The staff were really friendly (and popular with the locals) and the price was great too.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Indian Cafe has been a mainstay of the upper west side dining scene for 25 years. It might be easy to overlook -- it's in need of a refreshing inside -- but who doesn't love the giant bronze statue of Ganesh? The food is excellent, prepared from fresh ingredients. I've never had a bad meal there, and I've been eating there a long time. Sometimes we take friends to celebrate birthdays, and it's great fun. If you're dining solo, sit at the bar. You'll meet some of the regulars and get in on some great conversation. A must in the Columbia U. area if you're looking for fine inexpensive eats.

Reviewed June 27, 2009

I used to go there when I went to Columbia. Always enjoyed it. Then I had to go for a reunion with some friends after 10 years..Was glad to see that Indian cafe is still there. We decided to there for dinner. The food was great and service was friendly. I recommend it highly.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2008

My favorite of the neighborhood Indian restaurants. Great flavors and interesting specials. Try the onion kulcha, a mango lassi and the special entree of the night! Each person gets a portion of basmati rice and a papadom portioned out on the plates as they are served, while the entrees are served family style so all can share.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook