“Great breakfast location”
Review of Kitchenette

Kitchenette
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchenette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,749 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 123rd
Transit: Trains 1, A, C, B, D Buses M60 and M11
Description: Home style cooking at its best is our mantra. You are met at the door with our abundantly filled pastry cases. The shelves are filled with our homemade layer cakes, flaky pies, iced cupcakes, fruit crisps and so much more to tempt you on your way to a table. Kitchenette can satisfy all your cravings whether it be an oasis from the cold with our own hot chocolate topped with a homemade marshmallow, or a steamy bowl of chicken soup or a hearty meal of turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes. We are a home away from home.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for breakfast and we were impressed enough with our first visit to return the next day. Breakfast is cheap, particularly if you go for the pre-10AM menu. Service was friendly and attentive, the food arrived quickly and the quality was excellent on both visits.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food is good, the portions are big and the wait staff is delightful. Be aware, the restaurant is small and they do cram as many patrons in as possible---which in its own way is part of its charm. Don't forget the baked goods on your way out! Scrumptious.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My daughters, my husband and I came here for breakfast at least every other day during our two week stay in New York. This cute place, close to Columbia University, is always packed, with a reason: they have one of the best breakfast selections you could dream of. I for one was partial to their Wake up parfait (granola with Greek yogurt and berries), even the "small" portion of which was wonderfully filling. The rest of the family tried the pancakes, the eggs with mashed potatoes and turkey, the amazing selection of Danish and muffins, etc, etc. We hardly needed lunch afterwards. Their fruit juices are incredibly fresh, coffee and tea excellent (free refills for coffee) and the service, both friendly and competent.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I went to this store and got a slice of chocolate cake, a brownie and a wanted and the bill came up to $27. The pastries were delicious but too expensive.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stopped in for lunch during a conference at Columbia University. The menu had a lot of options for me as a vegetarian and I imagine most people could find something they like here. My sandwich and greens were delicious and made with fresh ingredients. The portions are large and I ended up taking half home for dinner. Cozy and welcoming atmosphere. My only complaint would be the service. While the staff was extremely friendly, they were very slow. It was not crowded, so I am not sure what was going on. I would definitely return to try some other menu items and a milkshake.