“Amazing, so worth it!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Harlem
“Amazing, so worth it!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The service isn't great...suck it up! Trust me, its worth it....this food is terrific and very reasonably priced. The decor is fantastic. It is a gem in Harlem!!!!

Portland, Oregon
“Just about the best ribs!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Mobay is highly rated and for the most part it deserves it. The service is so-so, best to know that going in. The music is too loud to visit very easily and it's definitely high priced. However, each time we've gone the food has been sensational. Our family and friends who have accompanied us agree.

• Visited July 2011
brooklyn
“God aweful”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My boyfriend and i were there last nite feb 9th. First we had to look for someone to seat us, once we were seated we almost immediately ordered our food and drinks, the drinks took about 10 minutes b4 it got to us ! Yes 10 min! He ordered the oxtail and i had the bbq salmon fyi salmon is my fav dish on this planet..his oxtails were under cooked and his plantains were cold. First time since we,ve been together that i see him not finish the food on his plate. My salmon smelled GOD aweful! But i decided to try it anyway. One word YUCK !not only did it taste gross but the texture was ruined as well. Not to ruin my nite i opted not to complain, i asked the server to bag it for me for my dog/ half way home i realized '' hey i love my dog '' and trashed it.....wont step one foot back there EVER!

• Visited February 2012
South Dakota
“I don't see why this place was recommended....”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

OK, everyone said to go to Mobay's when I came back to visit my hometown and asked where to eat; I really don't know why. I want to like this place; however, it is very overpriced, the food is so-so at best, the roti I ordered was downright terrible and the service was slow. I won't return.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank traveler8015
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Oxtails for Hubby and Vegan salmon for me”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have been to Mobay on a dozen occassions over the past two years and I have to admit it is my favorite little piece of Harlem. It's 15 minutes from LaGuardia Airport and I find myself stopping here on the way into town immediately after I Iand or as my last stop before I leave the city. I also love entertaining clients from mid-town here who are looking for a fun experience. The food never disappoints, the music is loud and weekends, but heh, it's a party. Don't miss the beef ribs, my husband swore by it on his visit and the veggie salmon is great to feed the vegan in you. The collard greens are the best I have ever had and they are prepared totally flesh-free. Corn bread with coconut pineapple sauce is worth returning for alone. Don't come in a rush on weekend nights, come to relax. I am always glad that I did.

• Visited October 2011