“Great chinese food in an elegant setting”
Review of Mr. K's - CLOSED

Mr. K's
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 51st Street
Transit: 6 train to 51st Street and E & V trains to Lexington Avenue/53rd Street.
Description: Mr. K's is situated in the heart of Manhattan with spectacular Art Deco surroundings. It is our pleasure to provide you with the highest standards of dining excellence never offered before - a total experience that is unique and memorable.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went here on our first night in NYC and were dying for some decent grub after the long flight and rubbery airplane food. The dishes here are absolutely excellent, very tasty, authentic chinese food. The serving staff are great - lovely and polite, and very attentive. There's also a kitsch selection of chopsticks on display of all of the celebs who have eaten there over the years. The decor is a little faded, but doesn't detract from the great food!

1  Thank kilkennykitten

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ordered take out here. The food was delicious and a bit spicy but we like it that way. We ordered the Ma Pa Tofu and the Tofu Vegetable Soup. Both dishes were hot and yummy. I also ordered a ginger ale. When I got back to my hotel room, I realized they forget to include it, so I called them. They then offered me two ginger ales, so my husband went back to get them. The food was great here!

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good Chinese food in a rather formal, very pink setting-. The service was fast, efficient and discrete We decided to share the dishes and the server brought us our plates with the split dishes- very efficient but I prefer to help myself in this situation. For an expensive Mid Town area , this is a good place for a business meeting as it si not too noisy so you can have a quiet discussion.

1  Thank Rafiki99
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Avoid this Restaurant!!
By far, the worst restaurant I've ever visited. The staff is rude and apparently doesn't care about their clients. Please understand what that can mean. You will receive a much better dining experience at any other restaurant. I've eaten at open-air restaurants in Central American where you have to use one hand to brush away the flies. I preferred that experience to Mr K's.(I'm not kidding) The waiters almost tossed the food at the table and were beyond impolite. The food is below mediocre and so extremely overpriced that there should be another word for it. They didn't even bother to serve the food warm let alone hot. I brought guests with me to this restaurant and was severely embarrassed at the low quality I'll be surprised if this establishment is in business a year from now. It has all the earmarks of a restaurant that is about to close. All of those warnings you read in these reviews are understated. Honestly, do yourself a favor and chose a different restaurant, any other place will do.

1  Thank Spirideon G
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The food was overprice and merely OK. Better than the bad American Chinese in most towns, but certainly not up to par for their space, price and perceived reputation. The crispy duck was dry and the garlic shrimp was bland. Unless you have an inside line to more authentic and tasty specialty dishes, if they even exist, I would steer clear. Also, as is also the case with many Asian restaurants, the only wine by the glass were unspecified California varietals. Why distributors haven't stepped in to fill in these gaps is beyond us. It's not that hard to have a decent wine list.

1  Thank Twar