“Palm Restaurant Evening Meal”
Review of The Palm West Side

The Palm West Side
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm West Side is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #398 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th & Broadway
Description: Stellar steaks and a festive scene at a Theater District winner.
Malvern
“Palm Restaurant Evening Meal”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Unique Decor, large portions and excellent food. Like most NY restaurants this can be quite noisy as nobody seems to speak quietly in that city but it is still a wonderful all-round dining experience. The prices are probably fair for the quality of food on offer but higher than you'd normally choose for day-to-day eating when on vacation. Great as a special treat though.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manhattan Beach, California, USA
“Boy's night out”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in NYC last month and had a good dinner at the Palm. Since I live in LA, this is not a new deal to me. I like the Palm and have been to several. Las Vegas is my favorite location and LA is next. The NYC Palm is in a good neighborhood and close to most of my meetings, so I thought I would do a guys dinner there.

First, you got to start with a nice cocktail at the bar, I went old school and had a Makers Mark Old Fashioned. Nice....

When you get to the table they bring the bread basket and it's the tough day is beginning to fade away. We pick a wine from the very complete wine list and settle on a 2005 Duckhorn Merlot. Delish...

I went NY strip and we had a variety at the table from lobster to sea bass (really? at the Palm?) with the 50/50 plate of fried potatoes and onion strings. And just to be healthy, we grabbed some spinach. All is good when we split a piece of cheesecake.

The reason for the 4 stars is price and aggressive servers. I get the deal, we are in NY and you should be rude...but we are customers and it felt like a performance tonight. Price is steep, but I guess that is the way of the world and it wouldn't stop me from doing this again.

• Visited September 2013
Struthers, Ohio
“BEST FOOD AND STAFF - AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I took my two son's to NYC t see the last Yankee game for Rivera's last game - the next night we went to the Palm ( West) - it is very hard to say which was better - the staff or the food - they always make me feel like Family - one son had the chicken parm - the other actually did a double new york streak - i had a regular NY strip - they were cooked to perfection and the taste was unreal - my son said the chiken parm was also the best he ever had - we also enjoyed an order of hah brown potatos and regular mashed - and to top it off we all had a slice of cheese cake - you will not find a more rich tasting , creamy tecture cheesecake anywhere - thanks to the management ( Bryan) - and to our servers Salem, Edgar and yes Jeff the best Server i never had - lol

• Visited September 2013
Seattle
“Exceptional food and service.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've been to different Palm restaurants in other cities and always had great experiences but this location had the best food and best service of all we've been to. Got seated immediately (with reservations) and service was terrific. The Sea Bass was exceptional as was the lobster. All in all a great evening.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Palm is expensive.... But the food was great and the service was awesome! Also a fantastic location very close to the theaters. Definitely recommend

Visited September 2013