“Everyone Enjoyed It”
Review of The Palm West Side

The Palm West Side
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm West Side is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th & Broadway
Description: Stellar steaks and a festive scene at a Theater District winner.
Maryland
“Everyone Enjoyed It”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Picked The Palm due to the large amount of menu choices. We were seeing a show with the parents, and enough variety to make everyone happy was needed.

The Panko Tuna was outstanding... some of the best sushi grade tuna I have had in a while. The lobster bisque was disappointing, so I'd advise staying away. Salads were fine, desert fine. Service was a bit slow (even though we ate right as it opened so wasn't too crowded), but the server was friendly. My parents had the steak lunch special, and they were happy as well.

I'd certainly eat here again!

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
“Reliable steak house”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just a notch below Ruth Chris. But this is a great place for lunch. If you are going to see wicked eat here.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Manager provided poor service”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friends and I were visiting from the Washington DC area and was very excited about enjoying the great food at the Palm restaurant on the westside. The food was fantastic and it appeared the service was great as well. One of my friend's niece requested a separate bill from the rest of us because she did not bring any cash. We were assured that was not a problem. Unfortunately that was not the case because she found out after we had left that she was not only charged her bill but also the bill for the other 5 people in our party as well as our bill was charged to our account. In essence, they received 2 payments for our meal. We quickly returned to the Palm to have this situation corrected. When we spoke to the manager, we were advised that this happens quite frequently and that since this was Friday evening , the money should be credited to her by the following Monday. Well needless to say, she is a young lady struggling to work and survive in NYC and the reaction from management appeared to be quite nonchalant. After 20 minutes of escalated conversation, there was an admission of a mistake on their part and compensation for her meal but we were not happy with not receiving excellent customer service when clearly an error was made on their part. Suffice it to say, it has tarnished my experience at the Palm restaurant and I am not sure I will ever patronize the Palm again.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“WHAT happened to this once great food?”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our place to eat before concerts, plays etc. Enjoyed birthdays and other occasions here. Lately we just are completely perplexed at the change. The food is just not what it use to be. We have gone back several times thinking, maybe the chef had an off night. Well we have given up. The food is not the same and the service has suffered also. Have found another place to eat and maybe in a year or so we might come back to see if things have improved.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE the Palm- Westside STINKS”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Love The Palm's other Restaurants. However I shared a 6 LB lobster with my wife. It was rubbery and did not enjoy it. I spoke to the waiter who could care less. I later wrote a letter to the manager and to this dated, never heard from him. I have eaten in many other Palm Restaurants including Palm Too, E. Hampton, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. Westside is off my list.

• Visited August 2012