“Funky Little Hot Dog Joint on the Upper East Side”
Review of Papaya King

Papaya King
Ranked #923 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went here for lunch on our trip to NYC. Was my boyfriend's first choice for places he wanted to visit haha. And it was delicious! The hot dogs were great, the cheese fries were tasty and we loved the bright, tropical drinks! My boyfriend had the papaya and I had the mango, and both were very good! The decor is fun and bright, and the walls are covered with quotes reviewing the restaurant and fun facts about the health benefits of papayas. If you go to the Upper East Side location, don't expect to sit down to eat, there are no tables, just a counter along the windows that one can stand at. Very small location.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I lived on 86th St and 1st Ave for 14 years, until 1989. loved Papaya King then, (quick bite after lunch, after the gym lol, before a movie, lunch, late night after the bars)! hadn't been back since I left the city. after an afternoon at the Met Museum, my partner and I decided to make the short trek over to Lexington Ave to see if it was still there. and is it ever! still the best dog in NYC...lots of garlic, crispy, perfectly toasted bun...I like mine with kraut and ketchup or plain with their brown mustard. so I got one of each and they were just as great..as always. and the papaya drink is perfect and thirst quenching...as always. he is from Bulgaria and couldn't believe them either. and in NYC very well priced! not only the best dog in NYC, but the best dog ive had anywhere! I will not wait 24 years to retun to Papaya King.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Man, I've missed this place. Their dogs have a great snap and their chili just pairs so well. The papaya drink is the perfect way to wash it all down and leave you feeling refreshed. For $5, you can't get a better meal.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Also the price is very reasonable, we loved the food and staff was just great. Also the signature mango drink is worth trying.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were staying in St Marks Hotel and Papaya King was just accross the street. We had never heard a thing about them before as it was the first time we've been in NY, but we decided to try! There are a very large hot dogs choices and the juices (mainly the one of papaya) are delicious! You have to try it.

1  Thank Zibordi