“Patsy's Perfect”

Ranked #46 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Schenectady, New York
“Patsy's Perfect”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

As a restaurant reviewer in Upstate New York, I pride myself on being a fair judge of eateries "all around town"....any town. I was introduced to Patsy's a dozen years ago and since then there is no other jarred sauce is in my pantry but Patsy's. I buy it when I'm in NYC and I buy it online when I run out of it. I also have Patsy's pastas, dipping oils, regular oils and vinegars, cookbook (I'm waiting for the new cookbook now), my husband has Patsy's baseball cap, my computer mouse is sitting on a Patsy's mouse pad, I have several Patsy's totes and jar openers, which I also give away to friends, and a golfer-friend even has a set of Patsy's golf balls. I wish I could say I've tried many of Patsy's dishes but the truth is, I can't get past the Caesar Salad and Stuffed Calamari. For my husband, it's the Caesar Salad and the Veal Pizzaiola. And for dessert, the Tiramisu. Yum! The service is impeccable. Greetings from Frank and Sal are always warm and welcoming. And, unlike many vintage city restaurants, Patsy's doesn't show its age, almost like "everything old is new again." Whether it's lunch or dinner, at Patsy's or at home, this is the best Italian food that money can buy. Or....if it was good enough for Frank Sinatra, it's good enough for me!

• Visited April 2014
Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello Marilyn and thank you for this wonderful review of Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We’re so honored to have such a big fan as you! You love what you love and no one can fault you for ordering the same dish time and again! We’re certainly looking forward to your next visit. See you soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Who ever knew meatballs could be so good!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Dined with my son on a Monday evening. We booked in advance (advised as the restaurant gets very busy - the restaurant prefers telephone bookings to email). Very attentive and friendly service with knowledgeable waiters who understand the food and wine. We started with shared deep fried mozzarella which was delicious with a light crumb batter and a well flavoured tomato based sauce. My son then had stuffed calamari which was very good and I had spaghetti and meatballs (sounds pretty unoriginal I know) which came with perfectly al dente spaghetti and three large meatballs. The meatballs were soft and well cooked with a light well seasoned flavour and were the best I can ever recall eating. Great tomato based sauce to accompany. The perfect dish for hungry traveler who had walked 25 blocks to get there! The accompanying wine (Barbera Alba 2012 - Andrea Oberto) was a great match for the meal and was recommended by one of the waiters. I highly recommend this restaurant - authentic NY Italian!

• Visited June 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We’re thrilled you and your son had a positive dining experience with us. Spaghetti and meatballs is a delicious classic! We hope you’ll visit us again soon!

Chef/Owner
“Best Italian Restaurant in New York!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Food selection and taste is phenomenal. I had the Eggplant Parmesanothers in my party had Scallops Oreganata, Lobster Fra Diavolo, and Trio Ravioli. Out of this world dishes. Ask for the Flowered Zuchini and Meatball Appetizers. Service is impeccable! Sal treated us like family-highly recommend this restaurant! We WILL be back

• Visited June 2014
Hello and thank you for this wonderful review of Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. It’s wonderful to read you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We’re looking forward to your next visit!

Chef/Owner
“New York Italian dining with service that makes you feel like an old friend.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

What a wonderful experience. The menu offered something for everyone's taste and Chef Sal personally took our order, offering to combine two dishes for my sister who couldn't make up her mind which ravioli she wanted. The best part of the night was the personal family touch the three generations of the Scognamillo family provided. There is a reason this was Frank Sinatra's favorite restaurant and both Sal and his father graciously entertained us with stories of Mr. Sinatra's visits to Patsy's, even taking us upstairs to the private dining area where the Rat Pack helped celebrate James Cagney's 75th birthday. I cannot wait until my next trip to NYC and a chance to visit Patsy's again. If I received such a warm welcome my first time, I can only imagine how great it will be as a returning customer. A New York tradition which harkens back to the old days when gentlemen were classy and the ladies defined elegance! Grazie per una grande notte!

• Visited June 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. I’m so thrilled to read about your wonderful experience dining with us. It’s an honor to have helped create a delightful dining experience for you. We are also looking forward to your next NYC visit. See you soon!

Boulder, Colorado
“Huge Hit!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I loved the food. I had Chicken Cacciatore and it reminded me of the pasta sauce I grew up with. It was a return visit to NYC after many years of being away.
I have dairy allergies, so to find out that they do not cook their spaghetti sauce with cheese already in it, was a huge plus. The thick sauce on delicately cooked pasta was a huge hit for me!

• Visited June 2014
Hello Jyoti and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. Welcome back to NYC! It’s wonderful to read about your experience dining with us. If you’re in the area again, stop on by!