“Still the BEST Italian restaurant in New York City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Patsy's Italian Restaurant

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, we've been a family-run restaurant offering classic Neapolitan cuisine in a warm, friendly environment.
Los Angeles, CA
“Still the BEST Italian restaurant in New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

No visit to New York city is complete without a dinner at Patsy's Restaurant. I was lucky to eat there many times with my late parents in the 70's, 80's and 90's as this was their favorite restaurant of any type in New York City. My Dad's picture is still up on their wall and this means a great deal to me and my family. I had not been to New York in over 15 years and I am happy to report that Patsy's is as good as I remember it, maybe even better! This place is about great authentic Italian food coupled with 5 star service. It is family owned and operated and that is what makes it so special. We were there on a Friday night and of course the restaurant was packed. The 4 of us each had different appetizers and entrees. We also had a wonderful very old bottle of Gold Label Ruffino Chianti Classico from the early 1960's!! My husband and I love good red wine and they have some wonderful wines in their cellar! From the caesar salad to the shrimp scampi, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, steak marsala, and the veal which we had in various preparations to the desserts, all were excellent. In fact it was so good that we asked if we could return again the next evening! I am sure they are always fully booked on a Saturday and we were very happy that they were able to accommodate us. Our meal the 2nd night was just as good as the first! Our Thanks to Sal, Frank and everyone at Patsy's for 2 wonderful evenings as well as for all the nice things they said about my late father. This was the 1st trip to NY for our 2 youngest sons and it made quite an impression. It is very different from where we live in Los Angeles! Our middle son, Graham was accepted at St John's University and has decided to turn down the University of Hawaii and attend St John's this fall! I have to believe our experience at Patsy's played a role in his decision!! We are looking forward to another incredible meal or two when we return to bring him to college in late August.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant! We’re thrilled you have returned to dine with us and that we could make the experience so special. We remember your father fondly and wish you and your family well. We are thrilled about your son’s decision to attend St. John’s. We look forward to your return in August!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ljubljana
“The best Italian food in NY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

After 6 days of NY we tried several top Italian restaurants but none of them come close to Patsy's food quality and great service. I spend lots of time in Italy and always look for authentic and quality food. I can tell you that majority of so called Italian restaurants in NY wouldnt survive a year in any big Italian city.
We tried two different starters, artichoke hearts with garlic and asparagus wraped in ham in tomato sauce. Tomato sauce was fantastic, home made.
For main we had spagetti with sea food and bucatini (thick spagetti with hole inside) with tomato sauce and ham.
I didnt like selection of pasta for sea food because spagetti were too thin and sauce was soup like...but thats normal with sea food spagetti (fiancee's choice) :)
My bucatini were VERY tasty!
Wine selection is expensive but amazing to look at. We had a average Brunello for 110 US, in Italy it would cose about 60 Eur. Total bill was 250 US.
Prices are higher than in other Italian restaurants but food and service is on higher level.

Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We take it as a huge compliment you prefer our restaurant to many others you have tried. After six days of Italian food we thank you for finding room to fit us in! Thank you also for the many compliments, we hope to see you during your next NYC trip!

King George, Virginia
“A NYC staple for classic Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I visited Patsy's as the kickoff dinner for our anniversary weekend in NYC. We both love Italian cuisine, and we were not disappointed. First off Patsy's is a classic New York restaurant, there is a reason they have been in business since 1944. You walk inside to white tablecloth's, and the waiting staff in traditional serving tuxedos. Very classic, and classy. We were seated in the upstairs dining area, as they were very busy on Easter weekend. I was sure to make my reservations in advance just for this reason. I had the rigatoni which was delicious, especially their very own red sauce. My wife had the cheese ravioli, which she said was the best ravioli she had ever had. The desert cart made its round, and I could not pass up their "cannoli cake". It was absolutely delicious, and if you're a fan of cannoli's you must give this a try. All in all if you're in the mood for classic Italian in NYC, give Patsy's a try. It's only afew blocks from the theater district, and It's well worth it. I look forward to coming back here again when I am back in the city.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. What an honor it is that you would choose our restaurant to celebrate your anniversary in! We’re thrilled we could help make your weekend an enjoyable one. And thank you for sharing the lovely photos! We hope to see you again!

Wantagh, New York
“Juat Like Home Made”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I finally ate here after hearing so many good things about Patsy's and I have to say it was a great experience. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Waiters wear a classy uniform and the service provided was ultra classy. Food was fresh, well presented, delicious and tasted like Mama used to make. I highly recommend this restaurant since the people, ambiance and food is just top notch. Mangia!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Vinne and thank you for reviewing your experience at Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We’re thrilled our food could remind you of your family’s cooking, that is truly a wonderful compliment to us! Please visit us again soon!

Shelby Township, Michigan
“Outstanding old school Italian meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a pre - theatre lunch at Patsy's that was fabulous. Atmosphere was classic, portions generous, and the food was so, so good.