“Here's your hat, what's your hurry!”

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went to Patsy's based on the Tripadvisor reviews. Had a 6:00 reservation and was sat promptly upon arrival. Had a few waiters. Older man who took our order was quite gruff and had zero personality. Younger Waiter who served us from that point on was great. Food was great! No complaint with that whatsoever. Problem was that we felt so rushed. Salad arrived at 6:05 and meal delivered before we were done eating the salad. Our dining experience felt like a fast food restaurant. Check delivered by 6:35! I would still recommend Patsy's because the food was truly exceptional, but they really need to slow down and allow you time to enjoy their delicious food.

1  Thank lucylew12
Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. While it’s nice to hear you enjoyed your meal, I wish we could have done more to make your experience better. It’s never our intention to make our guests feel rushed and for that I apologize. You’re absolutely right, everyone deserves to a nice meal at his or her own pace. I will pass your notes on so we may continue to improve our operations. Thank you.

Chef/Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (3,791)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having grown up in an Italian family, I am always looking for great Italian food in the USA. Patsy's has got to be one of the finest. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent. I was there on the feast of St. Joseph, and they even had zeppole. Who could ask for more!

Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. It’s wonderful to hear you consider us one of the finest Italian restaurants. We love providing delicious, authentic Italian food! Visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our cousin took us to this Restaurant for the first time about 6 years ago, and from the very first time we ate there, we loved everything about it, from the delicious food, to the excellent service, we keep going back, and when you see the same staff year after year, you know it has to be a great place, to work. Every special occassion we have spent there over the years, because its that good.. We celebrated our 30th Anniversary there last night, and besides all the delicious food, according to my husband the best Salmon he has ever had, we were brought out our favorite rasberry cookies, which not only were to die for but were made with love!! Thanks Joe,and everyone at Patsy's for once again making this an unforgetable dining experience, on our very special Anniversary!! Patty & Ralph

Hello Patty and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. I’m thrilled to hear you’ve celebrated so many special occasions at Patsy’s, and that we could help make them truly memorable. Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Taken to lunch more than 5 years ago to this restaurant. I've continued going back at least one a month with other clients. Whomever I eat with love whatever they order, atmosphere & service. Desserts are to die for. Best Neapolitan cake around. It reminds me of my childhood bakery on grew on back in Queens. Ever since that bakery closed I can't find a place that makes the same Neapolitan cake until I ate in Patsy's. Their Neapolitan cake & Chicken Francese are the things I can't stay away from.

Hi Jeannie, thanks for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant! It gives me great joy to see guests enjoy their stay with us that they visit us again and again. Food is a powerful thing that can evoke an array of emotions. Thank you for sharing your memory of the Neapolitan cake from your childhood. See you soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great food. Great service. Seen and talk to Sal very nice man. Great atmosphere Thanks for everything Danielle

Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. I love being able to talk to my guests. Come visit us again soon!