“Simple. Fantastic. Worth a visit.”

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

One of the simplest Italian restaurants I've been to. Its so simple and thats what makes it a fantastic place.
No celebrity presentations or a modified version.
Just perfect, how it should be. Food quality, excellent. Nothing extra, nothing less. Just perfect.
The only negative being the service, wasn't up to the standards I was expecting it to be.
Overall its a fantastic place. Do visit!

Sal S, Owner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello and thank you for reviewing Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. While I’m thrilled to hear you felt our food quality was excellent, I’m sorry you felt our service wasn’t up to the standards you were expecting. It’s always our goal to provide an excellent dining experienced, matched with a delicious meal and wonderful service. However, It’s great you still find Patsy’s a fantastic place. Come visit us again soon!

Chef/Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (3,712)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just had a delicious lunch at Patsy's. I was welcomed as if I were an old friend. I love this restaurant not only because of the food but because it's such a part of New York history and few of these exist today. I'm grateful that Patsy's does - and still owned by the family!

Hello Amy, and thank you for your kind words. We are so proud to be a family owned restaurant, and are happy to hear you think the same. We love nothing more than treating our guests to a wonderful love in a welcoming atmosphere. Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We began coming to Patsy's 4 years back as part of our ritual anniversary dinner out in Manhattan. One year, we took the boys, and my wife decided to see if we could get a table at Patsy's without a reservation. Well, Grandpa S. listened politely to my wife's story about how important having our boys for our anniversary was, and--would you believe it--he set us up with a table then and there! She was in fifth heaven as were we all when we dove into the food and the St. Joseph's pastry. We went again this Saturday for my wife's birthday, and the usual good fare was augmented by Chef Sal visiting our table and promising to make the St. Joseph's Day pastry whenever my wife wanted--just give him two days' notice. These folks are the best.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went spur of the moment to this place based upon a friends recommendation who is from NYC. They did not disappoint. The atmosphere was simple, but nice and the menu was the most complete Italian course oriented that I have ever seen without the fluff. The prices was surprisingly good for being near time square. This place was packed all through lunch, but the staff took care of us first class. The food quality was one of a kind. It took a while, but the portions were also very good. The bathrooms were strange and a bit dirty though. But the rest of the experience more than made up for it.

Hello and thank you for reviewing us at Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. We’re thrilled to have given you first class treatment, as that is our goal with all our guests. I’m also pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed our menu options and food quality. We hope we will see you again during your next trip to New York City!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a great anniversary meal here. The spaghetti and meatballs were good, but the cannelloni was what you should be writing home about. Delicious blend of awesome fresh flavours. Overzealous water pouring was about the only thing to complain of.

Thank you for reviewing us at Patsy’s Italian Restaurant and for complimenting our cannelloni. We’re happy you enjoyed it! We hope you visit us again soon.