“The meal from appetizer to dessert was "out of sight"”

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

What a great experience!!! I've always thought of food as "love" and this restaurant absolutely delivers! I can't wait to go back - with my husband - family - friends !!! This restaurant is the "real deal" the way Italians grew up eating and socializing - the sauce was just perfect!

1  Thank Tom D
There are newer reviews for Patsy's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love Patsy's. The food is always exceptional, as is the service. I enjoyed every dish I ordered, as well as those of my dining companions. The Fra Diavlo sauce is fantastic if you are feeling spicy, and the Vodka sauce is terrific too. We recently recommended Patsy's to some friends, who told us they "didn't eat Italian food". They took a chance and came back raving about their experience. When we aren't in New York, we create some of Chef Sal's dishes at home using their cookbook. It is almost as good as being there, except we have to clean up afterwards!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Patsy's New York is a New York classic with great italian food, consistently excellent service and a fantastic wine list. My parents have been going here forever and I guess you could say it is a neighborhood spot that never disappoints. The restaurant was made famous by Frank Sinatra (see the statue of him in the front) and serves the best penne a la vodka in the city! If anyone asks me for a good italian meal in New York - I do not hesitate to recommend Patsy's on west 56th Street.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The place is very crowded. In some ways ambiance resembles high end fast food establishment. Waiters are running around efficiently (and the service is very fast) but without any personal touch. Entrees tasted good but THAT good to command high prices. I got the impression that the establishment was trying to rush through as many peoples as possible through the evening. Even though this is probably the goal of every restaurant in the country, the customers should not be sensing that. Not coming back

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had dinner with three friends. What a great place to eat. The menu is fabulous. I'm Italian and Sal's cuisine puts Mulberry street to shame, Great Italian and you don't have to run downtown to get it.