“What a great plase”

Ranked #46 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had dinner with three friends. What a great place to eat. The menu is fabulous. I'm Italian and Sal's cuisine puts Mulberry street to shame, Great Italian and you don't have to run downtown to get it.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great food , true italian cuisine and very good service. The restaurant takes you back to so many personalities who marked our youth : Frank Sinatra and many many others
It's worth the trip!! We'll be back!
Noel

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, and excellent service!! We walked in not knowing the history of the resturant until after we left and now everything I have read is so true!! Warm, inviting atmosphere and everyone was so attentive. Decor is a bit outdated. The red sauce was one of the best sauces I have ever had!! Will be going back the next time in NYC!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I took my wife to Patsys during our visit to New York for her 50th Birthday.

She must be one of Sinatra's biggest fans so knowing Patsys was his favourite dining place in the Big Apple made it a must. So I made a reservation.

Would it live up to the hype?

OH YES AND MORE.

From the moment we were greated at the door by the Maitre d' we knew this was going to be a special experience, he greated us like long lost friends, Nice to see you again, haven't seen you both in a while, ( It was our first visit) he then guided us up the stairs to a second Maitre d', who again greeted us like we were regular visitors, My wife had a huge smile on her face already.

Once seated, we were treated a totally wonderful dining experience, the waiting staff in their white jackets, dark trousers seemed to cater for our every whim, nothing was too much trouble, the food was traditional Italian and was absolutely fantasic.

Surrounded by pictures and memorabilia from Sinatra and the Rat pack, and such great warm feeling to the place, my wife was in heaven.

After a wonderful meal the owner and chef Salvatore Scognamillo walked through and a asked my wife if she had enjoyed her evening, what a charming guy, it rounded our night off beautifully. You just couldn't ask for more.

THANK YOU SALVATORE AND ALL YOUR STAFF, FOR A TRULY WONDERFUL EVENING,
See you next time we are in New York

Neil & Linda Girvan. England. U.K

1  Thank oscarg1_11
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Patsy's is one of the last "old time" Italian restaurants in New York City. The menu is extensive plus there are daily specials. The wine list is large. Service is very good and you are treated like family. The food is delicious. Prices are not cheap, but worth it. Overall, a nice evening.

1  Thank abarasol