“Constant Pleasure . . .”

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has been a traditional, family-owned and operated Italian restaurant located on Manhattan's west side just south of Central Park.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been visiting Patsy’s since 1955 and it is the one constant pleasure in New York City restaurants. The food is wonderful, the service excellent and the prices quite reasonable given the quality of the experience. I am on the Upper East Side and it is always worth the taxi ride, knowing that I can count on an exceptionally good dinner.

K. Rendell

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Despite many visits to NYC, and even living there for a couple of years, I had not encountered Patsy's. On a recent visit w/my elderly parents, I decided to give it a try, despite some unfavorable reviews here. We could not have been more pleased. Sat down at 6:30p on a Sunday. The few remaining tables soon filled and we embarked on a delightful experience. Food (from pumpkin tortellini to cheese filled, bacon-wrapped pork dish) was lovely--interesting with multi-layered flavors. Staff was quite competent, out of the way with no drama or attention-grabbing techniques. Desserts were wonderful. They only offered three--very wise. Tiramisu was perfect, understated, fresh, and a perfect compliment to the meal. The value/price ratio was quite high. Would recommend without reservation.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Patsy's is one of those New York City institutions which is obvious from the celebrity photos in the window. Sometimes this can mean a place to avoid. In this case, not. Patsy's is a solid restaurant with a great approach to Italian- American cooking. I use that term because it was used by one of my colleagues who is both Italian and a gourmet. An American take on classical Italian recipes.

We had lunch there. The food was very good and the atmosphere was very conducive to business conversation.

I would go back with my wife for dinner there but not with my young adult kids who would lobby for something more exotic.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place is nicely plain and I find it has great atmosphere. The menu is extensive and everything sound good but the execution is lackin, while service is excellent. My veal chop had a great taste but it was well done, when I had ordered medium. My wife's shrimp scampi was good tasting but seemed more like a soup as the shrimp were almost floating in the sauce. With as many Italian restaurants in New York, I will try others before coming back to Patsy's, even though I will not scratch it completely from my list.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere! Go out of your "normal" comfort zone and order some "real" Italian! I hope to have this on my return trip also! Great experience!