“Nummy!”

Ranked #53 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1944, we've been a family-run restaurant offering classic Neapolitan cuisine in a warm, friendly environment.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nummy!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My sister and I went to dinner after shopping (make a reservation). Great feel - like they have been around and know what they're doing (which they have). Loved the coat check (which I read later is mandatory). Terrific service; they're all over it. We shared the Mozzarella in Carozza - not like any fried mozzarella I've ever had! The best Caesar salad dressing I have ever tasted. We both had specials - love a good sauce; herbs, wines, etc. They specialize in seafood but I had a great pumpkin pasta. Shared tiramisu. They are all made in-house, just watch the cart as it goes back and forth. Would definitely recommend and go back. Joe was nice and so cute - loved the original push-button cash register.

Found out later that weekend on a visit to Wegman's that they sell 5-6 different Patsy sauces in their "specialty" section.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“They treat you like family!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was at Patsy's a month ago and, after the most delicious meal, we found ourselves being the last ones left in the restaurant. We met the owner and his wife - they were so nice! They chatted with us about the restaurant history, the celebs who come there, and even gifted us bottles of their famous pasta sauce before we left. This place - and its owners - are true gems. Amazing food, beautiful decor, a special experience. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jayme888
Clifton, New Jersey
“patsys restaurant west 56th street nyc review”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

great food and service. excellent italian food reasonably priced. patsys is on my list everytime i visit newyork city to stop in and have dinner

New York City, New York
“Great scallops dish”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stopped here for dinner before our concert. We ordered the hot antipasto appetizer and both had the scallop dish as our main meal. Wow is all I can say. The scallops were huge and so tender and tasty. Wonderful meal. Finished with a slice of the deep chocolate cake. Coming back as soon as possible.

1 Thank Brownstone76
CT
“Very good”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband found Patsy's online while looking for places to eat after going to a taping of Letterman on a Thursday night. Saw the reviews here on TripAdvisor and figured we'd give it a try. We were very pleased! The waiters were very professional and the atmosphere was very "italian" but clean and nice. The food came out quickly (it was not busy yet) and the portion sizes were large. My husband had the gnocchi with meat sauce and I had the linguine with pesto. Both very delicious and we both had to take portions home. The dessert card looked good but we were too stuffed to try it! Prices were very reasonable for the city. It's right up the street from Letterman so it was well located and easy to get to. We will go again!

1 Thank Wendyg88