“Great Local Italian Resturant in "The Village"”

Trattoria Pesce Pasta
Ranked #978 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Welcome to an authentic New York Italian dining experience. Northern Italian cuisine with specialties including Lobster, Clams, Calamari, Mussels and Seafood Risotto. Our famous Red Snapper Livornese, Salmon Dijonaise and Veal Parmesan are local and foodie critic favorites. We are a neighborhood restaurant with an intimate setting, which completes the energy, excitement, and romantic experience of eating in a genuine New York Italian restaurant. Come with friends and family. Come for comfort. Come to celebrate and to relax. Come to Trattoria Pesce Pasta at 262 Bleecker St NY, NY 10014
New Jersey
“Great Local Italian Resturant in "The Village"”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Once again Pesce Pasta does- not- fail- to- deliver! I have been coming here for many years with Mom & Dad, who were coming here almost religiously on Saturday Night. Arsenio bought the place from the original owner and the food and the place have remained the same.
Small, quaint, pleasant atmosphere, about 12 tables that seat 2 to 6.
The mussels are to die for, especially in the red sauce....after you finish the mussels, take the Italian bread and dip in the sauce....fantastic!!!!.
All the food is good. I usually have the veal marsala, with mushrooms and I know the marsala wine they use is.... "Florio" the only marsala wine that has a distinct taste. Veal Picata is very good. All of the food is very good, not a bad meal to be had here.
Prices are reasonable for NYC and especially in the village....Chicken dishes run @ $16. Veal @ $18, Pasta dishes @ $12-15.......Don't pass this place up. You are coming for the food and the village atmosphere thrown in........

A little side bar info. When my Dad passed away about 5 years ago, we held the funeral dinner here. We had a giant picture of him made up and took it to the restaurant, placed it at the end of the table and celebrated another dinner with my Dad......We all and including the owner, Arsenio saluted him one last time. Thanks dad for one last great dinner with you at Pesce Pasta.......

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank ATOZNJ

New York City, New York
“An Italian neighborhood gem!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really like this italian restaurant--the food and staff are always outstanding! Highly recommend the mussels marinara (small) appetizer and any pasta dish is very good.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Keith C
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The reviews for this restaurant were spot on!!!! Great atmosphere food, price and service for this small Italian restaurant on Bleecker St. Would certainty go back!!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cindy118
New Haven, Connecticut
“Excellent Italian food!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The first time I went to the Pesce Pasta Trattoria was in 2010 during my first visit to NYC. My husband shared melon with prosciutto which was delicious. As entree I had homemade lobster ravioli and my Italian husband seafood risotto, both were excellent. Recently, we went again to Pesce Pasta Trattoria with some of my husbands Italian relatives and the food was delicious. The place is small and tables are close to each other but I like the Trattoria style and we all had a great evening. The service was very friendly and we will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Maple_leaf_alex
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great pasta and reasonable price”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's one of my favorite Italian restaurants in NY. It looks plain and small, but with a abundant choice of pasta and sea food. Wine delicious and cheap, with california wine and house wine from Italy. Stuff very friendly. three weeks ago my friends and I altogether 4 adults with one child had a great meal, with desert, appetizer, wine, everything,paying $180 only, tips included. My only complaint is that there was some sand in the clam.

Visited September 2013